cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Mobile Admin Console User Experience Inconsistent

jmattfeld
Participant
0 Kudos

I currently explore the SAP HCP mobile service for SAP Fiori to package my own app as described here.

When I want to add a new app I often can not get past this screen:

The Get Started button is just not clickable, despite only one or even no app currently present in my account. Sometimes there is a reaction but the screen just turns blank, leaving the Mobile Secure frame and menu in place.

If I pass this screen eventually, it asks me to select my Fiori Launchpad. Which is detected as unreachable. What is not true, the Launchpads condition is perfectly fine if I check the URL manually:

This error - again - can be circumvented by trying over and over.

Once I created an app configuration, I might want to remove it. But how? Just click Details/Select Fiori Application(s) again (might not work on first ten tries, see above)? Because the delete button is always grayed out:

I also checked the Mobile Service for Development and Operations. A configuration for each new Fiori Mobile app is created automatically and cannot be deleted.

Sometimes if I open the app configuration I get an error like this (vanishes on next try):

Failed to fetch application setting plugins. Please contact your technical support team for assistance with error token: 57b2ca3bd2818

The packaged app requires a login on startup. But that failed using my old trial account. Using the exact same configuration in a new HCP trial instance worked fine. Is there an official migration path to keep accounts?

I used Chrome as well as Firefox in both private/non-private mode. The results are always the same.

As the whole cockpit still states Mobile Secure, I wonder if it is still in transition and beta overall?

Regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BWomelsdorf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jan -

Sorry that you have been having so much trouble.  You have unfortunately hit on a couple different issues, many of which are already fixed and awaiting deployment to production.

- In regards to the error message you received, my guess is that you have enabled the Fiori mobile tile in a developer account that already has HCPms (dev & ops) enabled.  The Dev & ops dev edition only supports 2 app connections TOTAL.  When you use Fiori mobile to create a new Fiori app, we also attempt to create a connection.  If there are already 2 connections we can't create any more, so we give you that error message before you proceed. 

- You shouldn't be able to get past this error message, but we are tracking a bug that allows you to if you are persistent enough.  I suspect that this is the reason for many of the other issues you are facing.

- If you are in a situation where you have app connections that were created by Fiori mobile, and that you can't delete, try deleting the Fiori mobile app.  If you're already done that and still the app connection in Dev & Ops persists, let me know, we'll have to help you delete it.  This is related to another issue we discovered.

- To delete an app, you have to delete all platforms that don't say "Ready to Build".

Thanks,

Britt

0 Kudos

Hi Britt, thank you for the tip on how to delete an application from mobile secure. It gets a bit confusing because it's not explained in anywhere, at least not in visible blogs or documentation.

It is good to clarify that to remove a platform you have to scroll to the end of options box because at first glance is not noticed that the box has more options.

Best regards,

--

Ana