cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for 4.2 SP3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that the downloads for 4.2 SP3 are now available, but only one of the documents on http://help.sap.com/bobip has been updated for SP3. Has anyone tracked them down some place else?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

The BI 4.2 SP3 documents are now on-line at NEW SAP HELP portal

SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Ajay

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Ajay, the link to sbo42sp3fixed_issues_en.pd.pdf  , on   is still not working.

Message "We're sorry, but we can't find the content you're looking for." is shown

Can you please have a look ?

Many thanks, Eddy

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddy,

I have NO control over SAP's related link issues but I have asked SAP for assistance on another related blog

Here is working link NOW

https://uacp2.hana.ondemand.com/doc/05d87e44b2df4cbea285f76b78bc3d56/4.2%20SP03/en-US/sbo42_sp3_fixe...

Regards,

Ajay

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

What's NEW for BI 4.2 w/ SP03 just got released !!!

Ajay

PS:  Please update blog if the information provided resolves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see that the documentation is now there, but it's only in online format (not PDF), and some of the links ask me to opt in to "UA Content" before I can access it. The PAM site still does not show SP03 as released, though all the files appear available in the downloads area.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

The PAM link has NOT been updated, here is a direct link to document.  All other documents will soon also be on-line.

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/SBOP_BI_42.pdf

Regards,

Ajay

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose the GA for BI 4.2 Sp3 is on 19th Aug. I suppose the all the supporting documents will be available after that date.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kuldeep,

The initial GA was originally slated for Aug 19th but all testing was going great without any issues so the team has decided to release it early.   Our team was part of the stress testing and all features are working great without any issues.

Ajay

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a great news . Thanks for sharing the info

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,  Do you have any idea when the update installs will be available.  Currently only the full installs are available for download.

I did some of the beta testing too - specifically looking at the SDKs and everything I played with worked great!

Thanks!

-Dell

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dell,

The software team is working on currently.   You should see the update version soon, they uploading all the files now.

The update now as NEW cache and also allows you too choose to deploy files later, see below

Regards,

Ajay

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is one of the features that I'm really looking forward to!  It will help significantly decrease the amount of time I need to work on the weekends when upgrading one of my clients.

-Dell

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So this new screen will eliminate the manual running caching in 4.2 sp2. It is great.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is also a follow-up screen that allows you choose to deploy war files later or at the end

Ajay

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brian,

The document will show within the next week. The location is still the same, you would just need to wait.

Ajay