Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP is not considering the lead time in MRP3

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have updated lead time as 30 in MRP3 but when am running MRP, planned order is creating in the past date without considering the lead time.

Could you please advise why is it happening? for me , what i need is , planned order should considering 30 days from the date of running MRP.

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Total replenishment lead time is not considered by MRP. You should use the in-house production time or the planned delivery time (external procurement).

In addition, make sure that the setting "start in the past" is not checked in transaction OPPQ.

BR
Caetano

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi caetano almeida,

Pls see the below screen after i made changes in "start in the past" .

planned order is created in october 1st for me , as i selected 30 days in in house production ,planned order should in 16th sep.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

In house production time is calculated in working days. Therefore, this difference should be caused by weekends or holidays,

BR
Caetano

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , may i know where can i check this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

To see the plant calendar, go to SCAL, choose Factory Calendar.

click on your Factory Calendar ID, choose Display Calendar,

Click on the Year, and then choose Display Year.

To know which Factory Calendar ID you use in the plant, go to

SPRO > Enterprise Structure > Definition > Logistic - General > Define, Copy, Delete, Check Plant, and choose define plant.

Best Regards,

Hengky

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Below the details of calendar..all working days.

As per the below details in MD04 system created two planned orders in October and there is not planned orders in Sep..lot size i selected in monthly lot size..

pls help

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

pls suggest

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears,

Any suggestion ?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please share a screenshot from transaction MD05? It is usually better to understand the MRP results and rescheduling messages.

BR
Caetano

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Below the screenshot of MD05

Dario
Explorer
0 Kudos

As you are running monthly lot size, system creates PlOrd every 1st of the month.

If there is some previous requirement not covered, it issues a message of rescheduling in the past-

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The screenshot from MD05 clearly points that one of the planned order would be created on 01.08 and another on 01.09. They were probably not created on those dates because you do not allow start in the past, so they are created considering today as the start date.

BR
Caetano

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Catetano..

yes, it should not create planned order in August but just wondering why no planned orders in September..as per my understanding system should considering 30 from the date of running mRP.Here use can see that the planned order start date is sep1,,may i know why is this?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dimasluis_defaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Show me your planned order..date.. .double click  in the planned order, that you think is with the wrong date

Regards

Dimas Faria

dimasluis_defaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Can you please share a screenshot MRP 2 from material master ?

Safety time ??

Regards

Dimas Faria

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using monthly lot size

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below the details..

jdallagnese
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

I realized that you are running MRP (MD02/MD03) with scheduling = 1 (determination of basic dates for planned). That is, you aren't considering the routing for the planned, only the date in the materials master.

You said that you updated the lead time by 30 in MRP 3, but the result in MRP considers:

• The Total replenishment lead time field is maintained: In this case, the time maintained in this field is used for the availability check.
  • The Total replenishment lead time field is not maintained: In this case, the system reads the in-house production time and, if available, the goods receipt processing time, and interprets the total of these two times as the replenishment lead time for the availability check.

Because you updated the value for 30, when you executed the MRP, the system calculated the end date and start's date again and said you should have converted the orders there is some days ago for to answer the necessity. 

Now, you need to adjust your stock/requirements list, and after to control your process for to convert the orders always in opening date.

Best Regards.

José Dallagnese

former_member208398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

By any chance, are you using monthly lot size?

BR,

Rajen

jdallagnese
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Do you produces this material in-house or purchase?

The field "in-house production" you can to use for material that you same execute the production, but this field has some caracteristics (how Caetano said), this field works it in working days.

This material has a routing?

Best regards.

José Dallagnese

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Yes , this material is for inhouse production..routing is also activated for this matieral

jdallagnese
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

Can you share a screenshot of the detailed scheduling of same planned order?

I need to see the start and end dates and times. And the capacity requirement.

Other thing, what Dario said is relevant.

What is the Lot Size (MRP 1) that you are using?

BR

José Dallagnese

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

This field only really serves to over-ride the fields Caetano has mentioned above in the generation of the Replenishment Lead Time Indicator on the md04 screen as displayed below,

which is toggled on / off with the button highlighted.

Regards

Darrell.