cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA MANAGER PACKAGES TAKING MUCH TIME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

While running data manager packages ,it is continuously it is running ,when i view the status of data manager package it is running mode only.

Anyone help me what might be the reason and how to trouble shoot it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

Our Data manager Packager suppose to complete in one hour ,but is is keep on running ,Even it is showing End Time in Data Manager Package View Status.This problem we are facing many times.

Always we are restarting the application server and need to restart the job.Can anyone help us how to troubleshoot and we would like to know any reason/causes for this issue.

Thanks,

Subbaraju

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbaraju,

the package seems the same for the standard import package, just fails some rows, so it's not clear why it has a different name.

Can you please give the name of the package, the content of the dtsx from BIDS and eventually the conversions files used.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbaraju,

Can you please give more details about the problem? Which data manager package are you running? Script logic?, how much time it is taking? are there many records in the cube etc....Is this happening with this one particular DMP or all DMP's??

BPC version?

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

We are using SAP BPC MS Version ,Data manager package is to import the data from Oracle. It keep on running ,Data is not much it is minimal only .Happening with only this particular datamanager package.

Regards,

M.Subbaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbaraju,

Version meaning 7.5, 10, 10.1????

Is there a data manger package to import data from Oracle?? or are you using the DMP to import from flat file? Scrrenshots please.....

from the above attachment I see you are using a script logic file called as nologic.lgf. What for????

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Version is 10.0

Package IMPORT AE_DATA loads the data from PDI system(Retail system) to Consolidation model.

Only this particular package taking time ,it is keep on running. I would like to know why it is behaving like this.

Will it be because of network issue ,patch issue???

Regards,

M.Subbaraju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge goes...I am totally unaware of a package called IMPORT AE_DATA used to get data from Oracle in 10 M.S! Quite new to me......Maybe custom made process chain!

You will have to investigate as to where the current process is taking time, as without screenshots I am unable to help you further. Can be a patch issue.

Regards,

JP

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbaraju,

this package it's a custom package you have to check where is the neck's bottle or use a standard import package with transformation and conversion files from a flat file.

Regards

Roberto