cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BODS Designer 4.2 SP7 on Windows server 2012 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo experts, I have installed Designer 4.2 SP7 on windows server 2012 R2, during installation i got error ,Screen shot attached,i just skipped the error and completed the installation, when i click on the designer, the application does not starts, nothing shows up Any Suggesions Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The cause of the issue has been identified and is tentatively scheduled for fix in DS 4.2 SP7 P2.

Please see SAP Note 2357212 for further information as well as a workaround.

Cheers!
Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I need the patch as well, but when i try and download i receive this error:

"No deliverable object available due to objects not available for download yet or insufficient authorization of logged on user"

Could you guys check that the download link works? I tried with two full authorized S users and i get the same message.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked and the link is working fine.

Your company's Super Admin would be the one to grant download rights to s-users. Please check with him/her.

Once you're certain the s-user has the correct permissions, if you continue to receive errors please log a support incident with component XX-SER-SAPSMP-USR. The team which monitors that component is the best suited to assist you.

Thank you,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

We asked SAP and they told us the patch is available for customers end of september. Regular clients can't download it. Don't understand how you can unless you are SAP employee and your S user has more rights than us.

Will wait for the download to be available.

Regards,

Bogdan

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, this is my fault for not clarifying. What I meant was the link is working in that it takes you to the location where the patch will be when it is finally released.

You are correct. The patch is not available. It is estimated to be out the end of September.

Have you tried using the workaround in the SAP Note? I works for most clients and would save you from having to wait before moving forward.

Thanks,

Julie

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This has been reproduce in-house and is being escalated to SAP Development.

We're currently testing as a possible workaround to instead download the DS 4.2 SP7 server install, and when launching, un-check the server components, leaving only what you need for the client tools.

We'll update shortly to let you know if this is viable.

Cheers!
Julie

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the DS 4.2 SP7 server install is NOT a viable workaround.

We'll update once we have information from DEV.

Thanks,

Julie

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you are installing only designer and workbench - no server component. Also tried running setup.exe as administrator? Is issue happening on more than 1 client? Make sure to extract the installer on the server locally and install from there. You can also try to repair. and check setupengine.log

Former Member
0 Kudos

BODS Server is installed on Unix and designer is installed on Windows server in the same network. these 2 are remote and in the same net work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached the error log, Any suggesions please

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Will update more on this later as looks like Support has been able to reproduce the error in-house.

Also assuming you used the DS 4.2 SP7 client build - is it possible to try to use server build and choose only DS designer and workbench option while installing ( it gives you an option to check uncheck things)

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The error is likely to be related to the rights of the user installing the client.

The setupengine.log from somewhere like C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\<TIMESTAMP> should give you more information on the error.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pleas

e find the attached PAM notes, just want to clarify the compactability

DS 4.2 SP7 compactable on Server 2012 R2 ?  Please any suggesions

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, it is.

jeffrey_kresse
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Were you using the option "Reuse existing configuration" to merge the DSConfig.txt from a previous install? Check in your DS_COMMON_DIR/conf for the DSConfig file. If it is empty or corrupted you will need to repair it. To do this, obtain a copy from another DS install or reinstall DS, this time choosing Default configuration.

Regards,

Jeff