Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating external MOOCs with Enterprise Learning

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I would like to integrate external MOOCs such as Coursera, edX,Udacity, Udemy, openSAP, etc with SAP Enterprise Learning /LSO so that Learner progress can be directly happened in LSO portal.

I know it's seamless in SF Learning but client has no plan for the same to upgrade at present.

Kindly suggest the process,best practices , limitations, Do's and Don'ts for the same.

Regards,

Niladri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharon_Newton
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the past, we have had customers integrate either via a simple web link and then passing completion files back to LSO or leveraging web services/AICC standards.  But this is probably not a good practice for what you are attempting  - I think it would be a lot more work than integrating with SkillSoft, for example.  If you wish to investigate the delivered web services, this document is a good overview: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0aeb020-947d-2b10-048c-82618df6d...

In addition, you could leverage the Learning Records Store in conjunction with Twine - so completion records from all used sources would be accessible in the LRS.  See here for more information on an LRS: https://tincanapi.com/learning-record-store/ and here for more information on Twine: Twine

Good luck - I'd like to hear what you land on as a final go-forward path.  Thanks!

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharon for the information..

I am still not motivated to do this long activity    

What is the possibility in case of SF Learning in this regard?

I think it is bit easier in SF Learning and possible to integrate all MOOCs. As openSAP is already available in SAP Learning hub, but how the results from external MOOCs are transfered to SAP Learning  hub?

Regards,

Niladri

Sharon_Newton
Explorer
0 Kudos

SF Learning supports this through OCN (Open Content Network). The catalogs of the supported providers are pulled back into SuccessFactors Learning Catalog.  Then, the functionality varies by provider - some will support completions, some will complete on launch, some support SSO/some don't.  And yes, it is easier - one of the benefits of Cloud!  However, a migration from LSO to SF Learning is a larger project than MOOC integration with LSO - so it's a matter of balance/budget and timing for your customer.  Good luck!

Niladri_B_Nayak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Newton for valuable insights !!  Let me  go through OCN and its integration aspects

Regards,

Niladri