cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to design dynamic action for 0021 info type for sub type default radio buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please help me to design dynamic action for 0021 info type.

My client requirement is , when we save info type 21 with family member details sub types - Ex: Father or mother or spouse , their gender should be defaulted accordingly.

I have attached screen shot for reference.

Thanks,

Ch Ramkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to default one/more fields, based on - 1/more fields of -

(1)current data already available or saved for the employee(i.e., in other infotype records, e.g., IT 0, 1, etc),

or/and

(2)data entered so far in the current screen

If you base it on data (2), you need to press enter after entering this set of data, to get the default value/s, else just press enter. 

See sample dynamic action lines below:

0002               06  2  P T001P-MOLGA='37'  (Only my country group)

0002               06  5  P P000-MASSN='Z1'    (Only hiring)

0002               06  8  P P0002-ANREX = '1'   (Checking if is Sr.)

0002               06  11 W P0002-GESCH='1'   (Fill the gender with male option).

Here in P check you can include 'OR' conditions for a check as in the case of form of address using /X for the first field or first set of fields.

Notes:

a. In T588Z variable part you need to use a field's technical name and where applicable, as in Form of Address or Gender, the key value and not its descriptive text e.g., Dr, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Sir etc  (Many users opt to see text in their SAP screen options; most consultants opt to see both key value and text);

b. In T588Z, you can not default a field which is in a Q* structure.

b. If you use PBO module for option (1) in include LXPADU01 for Customer Enhancement PBAS0001 / function EXIT_SAPFP50M_001 (which you can display in txn SE37), when you gt the initial entry screen, the default is already in the screen without pressing enter).

c. PAB module in include LXPADU02 for Customer Enhancement PBAS0002 / function EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 is for validating data you have entered so far and when you press Save (record) key or Enter

d. Usually the includes LXPADU01/02 are copied as ZXPADU01/02 in most implementations.

e.  You can find a number of hits on this topic on SCN or when you google.

f. In T588Z, to calculate a default value (e.g., start date of current month or pay period), Dynamic actions variable part can not provide directly to do the calculations; you need to call a subroutine in a program.  For complex 'P' checks also, I recommend using this technique and return a value in a field e.g., FLAG1 in structure RP50D.  This structure is the SAP standard for communication between the subroutine and T588Z.  A 'P' check can then check this field to determine if an action like default, insert, etc is applicable; or the return itself may be the default for a field.  See example below

0002               06  2  P T001P-MOLGA='37'  (Only my country group)

0002               06  5  P P000-MASSN='Z1'    (Only hiring)

0002               06  8  F CHECK_ADDRESS(ZHR_ROUTINES)

0002               06 11  P RP50D-FLAG1<>''

0002               06 14  W P0002-GESCH=RP50D-FLAG1

See help info enclosed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jagan, I will try as you suggested and update .

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Ramkumar,

I don't think there is some standard way to default gender based on relationships in IT0021. We can get it done by writing user exit.

Let's wait for experts suggestion.

Regards,

Naren