cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Related Billing - must check PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have order related billing maintained, where billing type F1 is derived from billing plan in the sales order. When an order is made, we can do the invoice once billing plan tab  for f2 is maintained.

The requirement is that system should check the delivery and PGI first and then allow invoice.

Is there any way in standard. I have checked copy controls in vtfa and have assigned 34 routine (Item order-rel. GI) but no success.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Akber

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case I would check exactly why routine 34 does not work - just go through the code and check step by step where is the problem.

With the information provided and without access to your system it is hard to tell ... if nothing else helps - you can always place a session breakpoint in LV60A034 and see by yourself or you can ask a local developer to do that if you are not authorized to view code or debug.

If it turns out that the standard routine is not suitable for your specific business process, a new routine can't be really hard to develop, but I think you already know that.

Usually people set billing block for the items and clear it at a point in time when it makes sense to do billing - are your users clearing it prematurely? If yes, then a howto document or a training session with the repeat offenders will l be a good idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for your reply. Billing block is an option but well this is a control aspect that my client believes system should do. Without PGI it shouldn't allow F2 maintained in bill plan tab to be billed. Yes you are right , we can maintain a Z routine, in the copy control in VTFA, but isnt there any standard routine that should work?

Do you think 34  should work? Should it be mainted in Item copy requirment in VTFA or header copy requirement

Regards

Akber

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The description of the routine in English is 'Item order-rel. GI', it looks similar to 002 and they mention VBAP...

I haven't used the routine in a project and I have no knowledge of your setup, so I searched in SAP notes for lv60a036 and found note 994310 (a single hit in the result list), which explains the purpose of routine 034.

Did you try to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I tried with 034 but still the system allows to do invoice without checking the PGI.

What information do you need for my setup? In the item category of sales order I have maintained billing relevance as 'I', so billing plan tab comes in sales order. So I do FAZ and F2 in billing plan, and then based on that system makes invoice against sales order.

Regards

Akber

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that this specific routine will work in your case, but you can check that by yourself - read the code or debug it (if this is easier for you).

Reading the code of the available routines in your system to determine if there is a suitable one is usually more efficient compared to assigning the routines + testing + posting in SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

We have made a new routine and have copied that in the copy controls of item. Now its serving the purpose.

Anyways , thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Akber