cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Live cache data for SAP BOBJ Reporting

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SCM 7.1.3 SP 09 on HANA. We are looking at using SAP BOBJ for reporting against DP, SNP and PPDS data. We have configured SC info center for DP and SNP using replication models. But, we didn't see any option to replicate PPDS data from live cache for the reporting. It's mentioned in the roadmap so not sure whether we are missing anything.

Is there a way to replicate PPDS live cache data without writing any ABAP code?

Thanks,

Vimal Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

PP/DS LC data, i.e. LC objects, are not supported by Supply Chain Info Center according to my latest information. That's really unfortunate considering the relatively high license costs for that product.

There you would need to write your own data extraction from LC using the respective //OM* function modules. Please keep in mind that they most of the relevant func. modules are not released by SAP for customer usage. However it's the only way to get the necessary data out of the system.

Cheers, Peter

0 Kudos

Thanks Peter.

Appreciate your quick response.

That's really unfortunate and throws a spanner in our approach of taking all "HANA View" route for APO reporting.

Cheers,

Vimal Shah

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

have you thought about following an own reporting approach on top of your HANA powered SCM system? e.g. using supply chain info center (SCIC) for DP and SNP data and an custom reporting for the PP/DS one based on HANA views and with SAP LUMIRA as frontend?

This would even enable a seamless user experience due to the fact that SAP LUMIRA templates follow the same design principles as the "FIORI apps" within SCIC.

But if you ask me, I would even rebuild the reports offered by SCIC. The high license costs even justify a quite significant one time investment in tailored reports.

regards Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

That's the plan. SCIC under the hood provides HANA calculations views which we can enhance and reuse for the reporting. We are planning to build HANA Views on top of APO (similar to SAP HANA Live structures) and leverage SAP BOBJ toolsets for the reporting. We just have to now find out a way to get PPDS data out of LC for BOBJ reporting.

Regards,

Vimal Shah

Answers (0)