cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Drive getting full containing sapdata

0 Kudos

Hii All,

We are using EEC 6.0 windows os, Oracle 11g, on file system data base drive getting full no space remaining to extend table space psapsr3.

other table spaces have free spaces.

can i utilize the free space of other table space(psaptemp has 69 GB free space )..?

is there any way i can merge the new drive to existing drive. its current size is 2TB..?

can i move data files to new drive..? any impact in future..

kindly suggest the best practice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Ganesan,

Thanks for suggestion.

Its a normal Growth.

In F Drive 472 GB is free but this drive contain archive storage..

& our server is not feasible to add new drive. i can make new drive by utilizing 200 GB out of 472 GB.

Do you have any proper note guide for moving the data files..? if you have kindly share

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find some other methods to relocate the datafiles in the below OSS note. Apart from this, you can also use BRTOOLS using "move datafile" option. Hope this will help you.

868750 - How to relocate/rename a datafile

Regards,

Ganesan

0 Kudos

Dear Ganesan,

Problem solved.

Note is very useful .

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think, using PSAPTEMP tablespace is not a right option. Instead you can try to move some data files to drive F as I could see nearly 472 GBs free space or to any new disk. You can use BRTOOLS for this data file movement. Database will be shutdown and startup during this move. When you use BRTOOLS for datafile movement, all the move records will be updated in controfile, so there will be no issue when you move datafile to another disk. Apart from this, is the data growth a normal one? If it is the sudden growth, you can try to find out root cause for the sudden data growth.

Regards,

Ganesan