Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platform Search Application - Rebuild Index automation

former_member338618
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to 'schedule' a regular Index rebuild. i.e. set up a, let's say, monthly scheduled task that will delete the existing index & rebuild from fresh (i know I can do this manually by ticking the error recovery box but need to automate this process).

I'm running in to regular issues with the indexes on several servers 'forgetting' reports.

Many thanks

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question really needs to be asked here:  .  However, I should be able to help and one of the moderators can move it over there.

Which version of Crystal Server are you using?

-Dell

former_member338618
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell,

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5

Version: 14.1.5.1501

Kind regards

Andrew

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to schedule a regular rebuild of the index.  However, I have a couple of recommendations:

- There should be only 1 active Platform Search APS running on your system - whether it's clustered or not.  If this is a cluster, you can have two "servers" that run the Platform Search APS, but only one of them should be running at a time.

- In a CMS cluster, go to the Platform Search Application properties and set the Master Index and Persistent Data locations for the index files to a shared location (UNC Path). 

If you haven't done these two things for a cluster, it would explain why the index "forgets" objects because each Platform Search Server will have its own index.

-Dell

Answers (0)