cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display one report page at a time in Crystal Server 2013?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently started using Crystal Reports Server 2013 to display reports in a web application.

Before using CR 2013, I used CR XI and CR Server 2008.

In the old versions of Crystal Server. the reports were displayed one page at-a-time and the user had to move through the pages in the report using the buttons in the upper toolbar.

In CR Server 2013 all the pages in the report are displayed "together" and the user can browse them using a scroll bar. This behavior is similar to that of Microsoft Word.

Would anybody know if there is a way to change how the pages in the report are displayed? I want them to be displayed one page at a time, preferably.

Thanks in advance,

Hector

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found the setting that allows me to change the way the report is displayed.

It is related to the crystalreportviewer.DocumentView property. It can accept the following values:

• CrystalDecisions.Shared.DocumentViewType.WebLayout
  • CrystalDecisions.Shared.DocumentViewType.PrintLayout

The WebLayout displays all the pages "together", separating them with a dotted line:

While the PrintLayout "wraps" each page in a gray border:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you using the report viewer in your application?  Is this .NET or Java?  Have you looked at using OpenDocument calls instead of the viewer?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

I am using javascript and .NET libraries.

To open the report I use the ReportClientDocument.Open method and then I assign the resulting document to the crystalreportviewer.

I haven't tried the OpenDocument method that you mention.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're viewing a report that "lives" on your Crystal Server, if you don't need to change the login information for the report, you can create an "OpenDocument" URL where you include a session token from the CMS and you can also include any parameter values that you want to set (or you can just let the standard parameter screen appear.)  When you redirect to this URL, it will open the report in a viewer.

To get more information, go to SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 – SAP Help Portal Page.  Click on "Development Information" link and look for "Viewing Documents using OpenDocument". 

-Dell

Message was edited by: Dell Stinnett-Christy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dell,

Unfortunately, the option that you propose does not work for me, because my reports live in the web app, not in the server.

But I have found the setting that I was looking for, I will post the answer shortly.

Thanks,

Hector

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your reports live in the web app, then you don't have the expanded number of sessions available that you would have from using Crystal Server.  If the reports live in CRS and are viewed from the web app, you have as many concurrent sessions available to display your reports as you have licenses in CRS.  With just the SDK, without CRS, you are limited to 5 concurrent sessions and 100 concurrent "print jobs".  A print job is an instance of a report or subreport within a session.  Every time a subreport runs within a report it counts as an additional print job.  So, if you have a report with one subreport in the report header section, you have two print jobs.  If you have a report with one subreport in the report details section your number of print jobs equals the number of records in the report plus 1 (for the main report).  This means that if you have 100 records in the report, it will error out because there are 101 print jobs.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dell.

In the particular case of the web app that I'm working with, the RPT files are stored in the site folder and we use CRS to display/render the report. We don't use the runtime to display the reports, I don't know if that makes any difference with the number of available sessions/print jobs. I'd expect to have the full number of sessions available in CRS and not be limited to 100 print jobs.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like it is similar to your other post. Since the toolbar is missing on your screen, you are not able to move page to page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the issues may in fact be related.

This is how the report looks like in 2013. As you can see, there is a scrollbar on the right side of the viewer and the pages are displayed one after the other, with a dotted line in between them.

I want to hide the scroll bar, if possible, and display the report pages one at a time, just like it automatically did in previous CR versions.