Did you mean: 

Change document log in SPECIFICATION MANAGEMENT

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I was trying to follow

Creation of Change Documents

Help says run report program RC1_CHANGE_DOCS_LOG_FIELDS_DPL  and then When you have saved the entries, you can display the log for change document creation by choosing Extras -> Change Document Log in the initial screen for specification editing

but change document log is disabled in my menu.

what values i need to maintain for

• CD_PROTOCOL_SAVE_PERIOD
    • CD_PROTOCOL_START_DATE
    • CD_PROTOCOL_START_TIME

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niketan

never used  RC1_CHANGE_DOCS_LOG_FIELDS_DPL. I did a small survey. It is described as:

EHS: Display Logged Fields for a Change Document Object)

So it will not show (according to my understanding) the "change documents" but will give overview which data wil be "logged" you must prepare customizing for all the story).

PLease read cross:

and most important:

For the parameters:

just use "google". and you will find something (e.g. https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YD-EHSENVP_CD_PROTOCOL_START

#https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YD-EHSENVP_CD_PROTOCOL_SAVE_PER

etc.

C.B.

PS: e.g. check https://www.consolut.com/s/sap-ides-zugriff/d/e/doc/E-C14O_CHANGE_DOCS_GET

PPS: e.g. could be of interest

as well as;

and may be;

former_member185558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Once Again,

Thanks Chris,

This perfectly worked!

Will post if I have any further questions.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niketan

for "but change document log is disabled in my menu."=> iam not sure. But may be it will be enabled "only" if you are in "edit" mode. I am not using this opton.

C.B.

PS:based on parallel feedback: If you are in the hitlist view it will not be disabled. 

=> any "menu" entry is in most cases only working if you are in "hitlist view" (e.g. secondara data determinaiton etc.). So try to navigate back to hitlist mark one or more specifications etc.

The analysis of "Change documents" in EHS are can be a "disaster" as we have two types of "change content".

a.) changes for administrative part (user, time, date)

b.) changes related to "real content"

Because of data structure of EHS  the ratio of "administrative" and "data if value" is not "good".. So it is not easy to analyse "Change documents" and it should only be sone by "super expert" of EHS ´who does have deep know how in table structure of EHS and table relations.

Example of such discussion:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

If you are in the hitlist view it will not be disabled.  Here you can then view multiple specs at once if  needed.  If you are in a specification, then in the bottom left where the property tree view is (or recent History, just above it), you can right click on the specification number and it will not be grayed out.

Thanks,

Niraj