Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Search Service are not Supported

stefan_schnell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

for the source search seems to be necessary to enable some services on the target SAP system. What should I do to use the text search service?

Thanks for tips and hints.

Cheers

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

schneidermic0
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The prerequisites for the ABAP Source Code Search are described in the documentation:

Your ABAP system must be using a SAP HANA database.

Ensure to have at least 10 GB of free database memory before you switch on this business function. If the database memory is not enough, the ABAP system may become very slow or unusable. To provide the required space for the ABAP Source Search and its indexing, your SAP administrator needs to activate the SRIS_SOURCE_SEARCH business function in the Switch Framework (transaction code SFW5) of the corresponding ABAP system.

see also: Searching ABAP Source Code - About the ABAP Development User Guide - SAP Library

I hope this helps.

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

schneidermic0
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The prerequisites for the ABAP Source Code Search are described in the documentation:

Your ABAP system must be using a SAP HANA database.

Ensure to have at least 10 GB of free database memory before you switch on this business function. If the database memory is not enough, the ABAP system may become very slow or unusable. To provide the required space for the ABAP Source Search and its indexing, your SAP administrator needs to activate the SRIS_SOURCE_SEARCH business function in the Switch Framework (transaction code SFW5) of the corresponding ABAP system.

see also: Searching ABAP Source Code - About the ABAP Development User Guide - SAP Library

I hope this helps.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thank you very much for this hint.

Cheers

Stefan