Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL One word hits

former_member256034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

our business department who has to check the SPL hits struggles with SPL entries containing akas with just one word, e.g. DAVID. Putting him on the exclusion list just leads to more hits from other name constellations. Customizing has been optimized as far as possible ( see attachment) but to avoid missing real hits we can´t change there anything.

Positive list is also not an option because the problem are new business partners that contain DAVID. Every BP that has the name DAVID whatever is a hit right now.

Has anybody found a smart solution for this issue?

Kind regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Indeed, I agree with you that adding words to the exclusion list many times leads to the opposite expected results i.e. adding words to the exclusion list leads to a higher number of hits.

What we did with one of my customers is to use the option "1 - Number of Terms in Each SPL List and Partner name" for the Originating Feature of Search Term Origin N1 - Name.

By doing so, the SPL name is compared to the BP name AND the BP name is compared to the SPL name (at originating feature level). The SPL and BP name will match if both comparisons are higher than the threshold value.

From your screen shot, I see that you have chosen a different option "Only number of Terms in each SPL name" meaning only the SPL name comparison to BP name is taken into account... and you said that you can't change anything there... So not sure that what we did for my customer can be da solution for you too...

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

From the screenshot you provided, there is certainly room for improvement. One of the setting which will avoid the single word hits is by using the setting "Display Value" under the "Originating Feature" of "1 -Number of Terms in Each SPL List and Partner name" as suggested by Mouaz. The comparison ratio will be a bi-directional one and should pass the threshold value for a term to match.

David, Ana, Mohammed, Dan were some of the common hits at a customer site, where I implemented the above functionality and we were able to reduce the SPL hits. I would say give it a try and let us know!

Good luck!

-Shrini

former_member256034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your ideas but we already tested the customizing you suggested and unfortunately we detected that, even though the one hits were now ignored,  some real hits didn´t block anymore. I´ll have to look in my documentation if I find an example so I can post it.

Kind regards,

Carsten

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten, A couple of things as a routine activity. Anytime, you do a config change for the SPL related settings, make sure you drop the index of the SPL and re-create them, same with the business partners indexes as well. The symptom you have reported sounds like the indexes weren't dropped and re-created correctly.  Try it and let us know if that helps the situation.

Good luck!

-Shrini

former_member256034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shrini,

thanks, but of course we did check that. I think right now about a solution by creating an extra table for the business people where they can enter their addings (eg.  "one word" after DAVID) and then enter these changes into the tspln before we start our C1 check. This would avoid the named problems and we also wouldn´t struggle with side effects on other SPL entries.

Anyway guys, thanks for your ideas!