cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 4.1 SP5 changing service account password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My SAP BI 4.1 SP5 Install runs on a Domain Account as a service account with local privileges (act as admin/os etc).

AD Authentication is setup to run under the same account as well as all system DSN Authentication.

There is a request to change the password for this service account due to security requirements.  My thought process in order for this occur is to login as service account, stop SIA/tomcat, change password, reboot, goto SIA and update password. start service.

Has anyone with similar setup done this before? If so, what issues could arise from such change?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once the password is changed at AD side you have to do Update it following location.

1. SIA
  2. Tomcat (if tomcat is running with service Account)
  3. Tomcat java option if using forced password else keytab.
  4. CMC Authentication AD Page.
DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other thing you would need to do is create a new keytab file for AD Authentication using the new password if you're using keytab instead of setting the password in the Tomcat configuration.  If you're setting the password in Tomcat, you'll need to update it there.

Also, I wouldn't reboot before changing the password in the SIA - the SIA will already be stopped so you can change the password without having to stop it again.  In fact, I'm not entirely sure you'll need to reboot at all - you might be able to get away with just restarting Tomcat as well as the SIA.

-Dell