Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrelated texts in gsnotes bsp view

kahyaogluvolkan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Sometimes, our users encounter a problem in a page which contains GSNOTES/NotesFV view. The problem is; The notetype field that lists text ids associated with the transacation type, enlist some other text type which has nothing to do with that transaction type, but not every time.

There is no enhancement on this bsp. I checked definitions of text objects, text schema and text id definitions for specifis transaction types. I see nothing wrong.

What should we do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

praveen_kumar194
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i would suggest to debug the GET_V method of that particular field and see if there is any code causing this issue though it is not enhanced.

can you let me know what is the object type for transaction type i mean service contract or lead or opportunity ?

kahyaogluvolkan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi praveen, thanks for reply.

I checked get_v method, when it throws an exception, it gets wrong text ids but i dont know where sap gets it from. Maybe from cache but how?

this is how get_v looks like:

* Create partner type value help if not yet available

if GV_INFO_VALUEHELP is not bound.

*   Create using local type

create object GV_INFO_VALUEHELP type LCL_VALUEHELP_WITH_BINDING

exporting IV_SOURCE_TYPE = IF_BSP_WD_VALUEHELP_PLDESCR=>SOURCE_TYPE_BINDING.

*   Load content if in runtime mode

case IV_MODE.

when RUNTIME_MODE.

GV_INFO_VALUEHELP->set_binding_string( '//NOTETYPEDDLB/VALUES' )."#EC NO_TEXT

endcase.

endif.

* Return cached value help

RV_VALUEHELP_DESCRIPTOR = GV_INFO_VALUEHELP.

the transaction type, the text object type, text schema and text ids are all Z-type. But as i mentioned in the question, i checked all definitions. it seems as nothing wrong.

praveen_kumar194
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the code will be there in the do_init_context method of view class. if you can debug take a look at it.COM_TEXT_CUST_I_STRUC1_READ function is getting called.

hope it helps.