cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is grouping dates by month possible and if so how do I change criteria based upon month?

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a report that we run in a screwy way. It's a productivity report that goes by dates and the number of working days in those dates. They way we run it now is to manually enter that you want to look at days between 7-1 and 7-31 and then manually tell it to factor in the number of working days (20 or 21 or 22 depending on the month)

One of the managers wants to look at the productivity figures on a month to month basis. So not just looking at one month on the report but multiple reports. I'm able to to group the months using the group sort but I need an individual working days figure to look at the productivity of the each individual months

So the way I run the report now is to look at 7-1 to 7-31 with 21 working days and the productivity formula uses 21

I want to be able to look at 5-1 to 7-31 broken down by month. But if I enter in 63 working days then each month will use 63 for its productivity formula.

How do I set up a working days figure for each month?

In order to streamline the process I want to create a table that accounts for individual months and working days but how would I get that to work with the current table that is only grouping dates by month when I tell crystal reports to do it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

Find below is a URL which will explain you how you can calculate number of working days between two dates :

Calculating Work Days Between Two Dates in Crystal Reports

Thanks,

Sastry

former_member279138
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks but our problem is that we have to negate holidays and any possible snow dates that might come up

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Kurt,

Then you need to define list of holidays / snow dates etc either in a table or in a Excel like :

Date      Working / Non Working

01/01/2017     Non Working

01/02/2017      Working

so on..

Now join this table/ excel to proper date object in your table.  You can very well count 'Working' days excel it self and get each month count.  That makes your report building easy.

Thanks,

Sastry

Answers (0)