cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local ($TMP) interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community

We would like to have certain kinds of test interfaces in our development system. Since those are test interfaces we would prefer to not transport them to our productive system. However, when we create an AIF interface, we have to add a transport request and cannot choose "local object". One suggestion might be that we could use a sandbox system. That is correct. In our case though, the problem is that our sandbox system is not connected to a PI or any other system.

Is there a possibility, how we could create an interface as local object only for our development system?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Thimo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

a) connecting sanbox to PI is 1-4h max  

b) create a transport which will never be released or put everything into the transport but later one remove all "local" objects from the transport. I'd not suggesting doing that normally but if you don't have any other choice.

Best Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your answers.

did not know about the status handling. I really like that idea.

I just heard from our SAP Basis, that we are going to have a sandbox with PO connection next year (cause then we are about to migrate from PI to PO). Then we will create all our test interfaces there. However, the solution for now is that we will create a transport request and let it stay in our development system. The interfaces will be in a certain namespace and package to indicate that they are test interfaces and will use status "In development".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

no, it is not possible to have local interfaces.

As Michal suggested you could try a sperate transport request that will never be released. Maybe put your test interfaces into a seperate namespace so that it is clear that those interfaces are only for testing purposes.

In addition ot that you could use the status handling in interface definition. You can set the status to "In Development" or "In Test". It will then not be possible to execute the interface in the productive system when it gets transported accidentially.

Best regards,

Verena