cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_StoreVariant ran successfully but the variant cannot be found in SAP

0 Kudos

I executed a job which has a series process definitions that use SAP_StoreVariant functionality.  The chain ran successfully but I could not find the variant in any of the SAP transaction that I used. 

I edited the process definition such that it would fail if the variant is already created.  I executed the job and it failed saying that the variant is already created.  So somehow, the variants got created but I just can find it in SAP. 

How to check this issue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Where are you checking, is it SE38 ?

If the same is there in your system then it should have an entry in the Table VARID .

Get the support file or turn on application logs .

Regards,

Abhishek

s__ooms
Newcomer
0 Kudos

In my experience the parameter 'environment for the variant" is not working correct unless you have the Cronacle transports in your system.

When you do not have the transport, all variants has attribute "background" so can not be found in a transaction or SA38 (background variants are not displayed in a foreground transaction)

When you edit the variant in SE38 via variant maintenance it should be found.

When he transports are applied to the system, it should be working correctly.

To check if the transports are applied by job SAP_Info  find "XbpTransportsAvailable : true"

Kr

Sjoerd

0 Kudos

Initially, I'm just checking from the TCODE itself.  There might some filter of variant from there that it only shows the variants created by the user who logged in to SAP.  I can find the transported variants through SE38.

Answers (0)