cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Document Management Experts,

I am unable to open any old documents using GOS (Generic Object Services) in our SAP system.

Once I open the billing document in VF03 transaction, I get the error as below.

########################

HTTP error: 404 Not Found

Message No. CMS025

Diagnosis

Error in accessing via HTTP

404 Not Found

###############

I have checked this page and none of the sap notes helped.

ArchiveLink BC-SRV-ARL - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

And particularly this note does not applies to my scenario.

1846469 - HTTP 401 error message, login pop-up displayed for ArchiveLink System database

please provide your suggestion or solution. Thank you.

Regards,

Eswaran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Eswaran,

This is a fairly common error and it might have multiple reasons. I presume here your documents are ArchiveLink based and reside in an external content repository, either SAP Content Server or any 3rd party repository such as OpenText.

First I would try transaction OAC0 and locate the corresponding content repository. Validate the settings, especially the HTTP server name and make sure the server is there and is accessible from SAP. You may get this error if you have security enabled on this content repository (look for a check box "No signature") in OAC0 under full administration and there is a security certificate mismatch, in which case you might need to re-send the certificate from OAC0 or even generate one in STRUST.

Good Luck,

//Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the Reply.

I am able to open all the new documents from 2016 onwards and not the old documents before 2015.

And we have IBM Content manager configured and there are 10 Z* repositories are configured as well.

I have tested all the Repositories and everything looks good.

just my questions are as below.

1. How to find which Repository is being used for Billing document archive?

2. If in case it is standard Repository which stores the doucument in SAP database, then how to find this particular repository to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

0 Kudos

Hi Eswaran,

You can use transaction OAAD -> Documents -> Tech. Search and use the selection screen to narrow down e.g. with your Billing Doc. # to the document. This will tell you which content repository is being used if its a ArchiveLink based document.

Otherwise if you use in GOS the "Create Attachment" function to upload documents, it will use SAP's internal database or if configured an external content repository to store the document. You can find this content repository in OAC0 under the name SOFFDB.

Good Luck,

//Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the information. I could find the Content Repository now.

I have tested this repository and it is working.

( No signature check box is selected as well.)

But still I get the error with accessing old documents. new documents are always working.

I have opened an OSS message, but as of now sap has not yet answered.

Would you suggest any other troublsehooting methods to solve this problem?

Regards,

Eswaran

0 Kudos

Hi Eswaran,

Okay, use again OAAD like I described above for one of the documents that you have issues with and select Details. This will show you a screen like this. Now double click the section highlighted below "Storage Date (external)" and you should now get the component info from that document directly from your external content repository. If there is no component info, then it might be that you lost those documents either by a crash or malfunction of the external content repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

thanks for the clear explanation. You are an Archive Star!!!.

I have followed the procedure, you explained me and when I click the Storage Date (external), I get the same error message HTTP 404 Error.

This means the document is not in the external IBM Content Repository. Now it is clear.

Just the last question before I give you full points!!

We have done the System Refresh from Production system to Quality System on June 2015.

But we have not copied the Repository data from Production to Quality Content Repository.

do you think that this is the problem quality server does not contains the archived documents?

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

0 Kudos

Hi Eswaran,

Happy when I can help.

At least that explains the issue. You don't necessarily want to copy your production content repository to QA - doesn't make much sense and this could also be a confidentiality issue. What most clients do they scrub the TOA* tables completely after the system copy. Also make sure you point to your QA / Dev system to the appropriate server in OAC0.

Cheers,

//Peter

Answers (0)