cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Report-Populate object from another object based on prompt selection

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me.  I've created a Business Objects webi report that prompts the user to choose from a list of values.  This is a local prompt within my report.  In my query, I would like to have two objects passed in my filter panel.  One object is the prompt and the other object is populated based on the results from the prompt. For example, first object is Year.  When prompted, user chooses '2005'.  Second object is also Year.  Second object value should be '2006'. Is it possible to accomplish something like this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes its possible, inside dashboard write formula for the second prompt and pass this into the prompt.

=if(A1="","",A1+1), See this works!!!

0 Kudos

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like I need to create a variable in my report with formula =if(A1="","",A1+1) and then pass that into my query. So, when I run my query, it should reference the variable that I created. How would I pass the formula into the second prompt when I'm setting the prompt in my query?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two prompts X & Y. Point those prompts to the cell where you throw the values. Basically the reference.

X=A1.

Y=B1"=if(A1="","",A1+1)"