Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLM - handling units unique id numbers at production

philippehermant
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a challenge to solve to print EHS labels with handling units, with barcode and with unique HU ids (meaning not consecutive).

So far we could achieve to print the handling units barcode with the initial sequence number being the first entry of the handling unit.

So HU 1234 is the first printed then 1235 is the next.

This is very useful if you want to reprint a specific label.

But unfortunately our HU ids are unique, meaning that one batch can have HU 1234,1235 then following package will have 2345, 2346.

Another batch and process order will have numbers 1236, etc.

We can retrieve the sequence with the process order info in the handling unit table of course, but we don't want the user to
insert one by one or a sequence of these numbers as a user input.

In your opinion what would be the best approach to allow the reading of the non consecutive numbers in the label template ?

Is it possible to easily provide the user with a specific label reprinting in this case ? (for instance printing label #3 should show HU number 2345).

Would the use of HANDLING scenario be an easier option (if it's compatible with non consecutive handling units numbers) ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Philippe Hermant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Phillipe

not sure if I understood your challenge 100%. If you check:

Handling Unit Labeling Scenario - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM) - SAP Library

We know that you can set up a labeling scenario for "Handling units". We know as well that we can create Barcodes of many kind (if needed) (check e.g. )

So frist question: do you use GLM or GLM+?

Second question: you have "HU number x"; if i read your explaantion this "x" should be "transformed" to a Barcode. Never tried it: but should be possible.

Coming back to your question: "In your opinion what would be the best approach to allow the reading of the non consecutive numbers in the label template ?" The "read" can be done only by using a "parameter symbol". And why shoukd this not be possible?

e.g. check:

and/or

and/or:

C.B.

PS: e.g. could be of interest as well

philippehermant
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe. I could set the first part for HANDLING scenario.

I'm moving to the next part with barcode.

I'll let you know if everything is working as expected.

Best regards,

Philippe Hermant

Answers (0)