cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character limit in reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have a question about the total characters a label can return when a ticket is created (not sure if there is a difference on tickets and reports). The email received is supposed to send the date, description, employee responsible, etc. Everything works fine except that the description is always limited to 255 characters even if the note is created with more (i heard there are actually a few notes created with more than 1000). I have to find a solution to this so the description does not get only 255. I've been reading a lot of similar issues and documentation

This is the code i have for it:

import AP.Common.GDT;

import AP.CRM.Global;

[Extension] businessobject AP.CRM.Global:ServiceRequest {

element ztexto:LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text;

node Item {

}

node ServiceReferenceObject {

}

}

import ABSL;

var g = this.TextCollection.ToRoot.TextCollection.Text.GetLast();

this.Description2 = g.TextContent.Text.content;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people suggest to use LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text and TextCollection

The explanation i found was: --For BO extension, the Text or LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_EXTENDED_Text datatype is not restricted in length--

and also:

--Variables of unrestricted length, for example, variables of the LANGUAGEINDEPENDENT_Text data type, are truncated at a length of 255 characters as soon as they are saved to the database. For texts that are longer than 255 characters, use the TextCollection dependent object.")--

I found another one that states that when a report is created the character length is always limitated even if you write more characters when creating it

I would like to know if this is true or if there is a way to create the ticket so we receive the description with no character limit, hope someone can help me and thank you in advance

If you need more info or a screenshot let me know and i'll post it

Regards, David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Report could be enabled to show upto 1024 characters, find out: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3736625

Thanks, Pradeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep thanks for helping me again.

There is something i realized about this issue. When the report is created it does show a lot of characters (more than 1024) but when the email is received it gets only 255 so... for the email is it also possible to get more than 255?

The image is an example of the "ticket" created

I noticed the report is showing all the characters wich are more than 1024 and that is confusing because according to the documentation and responses i've verified it's supposed to show 1024 at most... buy anyway the real issue i guess would be when the email is sent is it also possible to allow more than 255 characters?

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Try downloading the report and then check for email.

Thanks, Pradeep.