cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF Query refresh when document is updated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have this one UDF that will act as an auto increment field whenever the user update the document.
However, I could not find any exact choice from the list of Field Changes that can meet my requirement.
Most of them are only applicable for one field or just the header or footer.

Currently, I am assigning the field to Document Total as this is the best suited one I can find.
However, the auto increment will not be triggered if the user changed the fields in the header such as Posting Date, Delivery Date etc.

Kindly advice if you have any other suggestion.

Note: The UDF acts as the revision number for the Sales Order. So any update should trigger the auto-increment.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to use your UDF for auto update.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate further.

I am using UDF. Just need to know the best suited option in the Field Changes to trigger the query I attached to the UDF.

Thanks.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meaning, use UDF that is used for auto increment.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see two alternatives:

1. Use the Change Log to determine how many times the document was updated.
  2. Use an addon like B1UP. I believe this addon may have a provision for this. You can ask , who is an expert on this addon.

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

Yes, I am currently using the LogInstance column in the Change Log table which is ADOC. It is part of my query.

The problem now is the trigger for the query to activate because this value should change everytime the doc is updated.