Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIM Installation

sanketh_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Iam planning to install FIM for integration of BPC to SSM.

As FIM is BODS component, i understand below components need to be installed as per the requirement.

SAP BusinessObjects XI 4.0 or SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform Services 4.0

● SAP BusinessObjects Data Services 4.0 patch 3 or greater.

● SAP BusinessObjects Financial Consolidation 10, SAP BusinessObjects Intercompany 10, SAP Business

Objects Profitability and Cost Management 10, or SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation.

Iam planning to install the highlighted components in bold.

But i have SAP BPC already installed in a BW system, my questions are :

1. Do we have to install the BODS (FIM) in the same host as BPC system.

2. As we have BPC system already , can we integrate with FIM if installed in another host.

3. Also , i found in one of the blog that FIM is not mandatory for integration of BPC with SSM, if so can you direct me to a document for the steps of integration through BW.

If there is any architecture diagram or document which explains the integration between BPC to SSM, it will be helpful to me.

Thanks for your help.

Sanketh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the configuration of FIM with SSM, you can consult  the following SAP document.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/FIM10/en/fi_10_ssm_en.pdf

Regards,

Donia

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanketh

If you go to the SAP Help Portal and seek out the Documentation area you will find all the FIM documentation and this includes not only the installation and admin guides but also the supplement for SSM.

Within the guides you will find the diagrams you are looking for!

Regards

Colin