cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure on MDM Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have requirement to Migrate SAP Netweaver MDM Server to another OS and Database,Can you please direct me documents how this can be done..AS I am new to MDM and not able to get any documents how MDM migration should be done?

Source : SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 DB Oracle OS HP -UX

Target : SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 DB Sybase ASE OS Linux

Please help me on this regards from SAP Basis perspective how to documents on the steps to be performed for Migration of MDM Server

Thanks,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Viktor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Please check this page, here you can find all the Installation related documentation:

Planning, Installation and Upgrade

Basically you need to archive the repository of your current landscape and after installing and configuring the new system you have to unarchive it on the new MDS host.

Please refer to the MDM Console Guide as well regarding the repository operations.

Regards,

Viktor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Viktor

Can you please share any screen shot or any how to documents if you have it ...thank you very much

avinashgowda.87@gmail.com

Also please advice if there is any difference between SRM-MDM and SAP Net-weaver MDM

Regards,

Avinash

Viktor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Sorry, I don't have such documentation. However let me suggest you to follow this one instead. This is the official guide created by SAP.

Regarding your other question:

Basically the SRM-MDM and the NW MDM are different products. The SRM-MDM UI uses the features and services which are provided by MDM. So if you would like to have an SRM-MDM Catalog then you need to install MDM as well.

You can find here a useful Wiki, and the documentation page of SRM-MDM Catalog.

Regards,

Viktor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

The requirement is for SRM-MDM migration so do you mean on target if I install Sap Netweaver MDM 7.1 will also contain SRM-MDM Catalog or there is separate product called SRM-MDM to be installed or its an addon on Netweaver MDM

I know I am asking too many question

Thank you

Avinash

Viktor
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Yes, the SRM-UI is like an addon. First you need to install the MDM product and after that you can deploy the necessary SRM-MDM components as well.

There is a custom install mode in the MDM SAPinst tool for the SRM-MDM scenario.

Regards,

Viktor