cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variants for Batch job for generating and printing out Cycle Counting documents every month

former_member259132
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, I would like to set up a batch jobs that create cycle counting documents every beginning of the month:

Please I have 2 questions.

1) In Transcation Code SM36, I have entered my job name and now for the starting condition, I have entered the startind date as 09/01/2016, for period value, I selected monthly. I guess for September the system will know to start because I have enter the date but what about for October, November and so on? otherwise how the system will know that it is the first day of the month each time?

2) I want to set up  programs RM07ICN1, RSBDCSUB and RM07IDRU do I have to create one variant for each month? if yes for how many months? till the end of fiscal year?

Thank You very much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member259132
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Vikash, Rosh and Juergen.

I am working on it now, I will let you know what works.

Thanks.

Vikash_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

All the best

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Despite of technical options to automate the creation of counting documents I think it is not at all a practical approach since there is so much to prepare and to control before a physical inventory can be executed that such automation might create more headaches than it solves.

I explained it in more detail in my blog

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a program integrated with cycle counting which uses the OMCO (transaction) setting to calculate the next planned date for carry out the cycle counting. Please read the SAP note 518418 (Question no : 3). So you have to consider this interval when you go for scheduling background jobs. Scheduling job is just as you said, choose the program, select the option execute in background and then choose Date / Time with periodic job as monthly.

former_member259132
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vikash Sharma, thank you for your quick response.

I followed your suggestion but while attempting to create the dynamic variant, I am only getting these possibilities

So in my case since I want the program to run on 09/01/2016 and after that every first of the month, what will I choose?

If I choose Fisrt day of next month, how the system will know that he has to do it again on October 1, November 1 and so on?

Please let me know?

Thank You.

Vikash_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, First date of next month,

In SM36, you mention start and and select period as monthly ...thats it.

well to make sure that your variant is doing fine...you can run in job for shorter period daily and in variant you choose current date option ..and see if your variant is working fine...

Vikash_Sharma
Participant
0 Kudos

You can create dynamic variant for your programs and save those variant and schedule jobs in SM36.

Ex> For program RM07ICN1 , when you are about to save variant , find a field "GIDAT"  and check column "Selection variable" you can use option D , and according to your requirements you can make changes..

while creating Job in SM36 , do not forget  to mention this saved variable .. 

there are few links/doc where you can find more info about dynamic variant and scheduling..