cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which PAPI to use when I need to Import the DC into MES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I need to find some PAPI to import the Data Collection related data into the MES rather than maintain the DC manually by "Data Collection Maintenance".

The business situation is that there are so many DC Goups to maintain that the customer are nearly crazy. Therefore, I try to solve this problem by some PAPI.

I try to find the PAPI to create and update the DC, add and update the attachment of the DC. At last, I only find the PAPI to create the DC can work, which is createDCGroup in DataCollectionConfigurationServiceWSService. The PAPI whose name is createAttachment in AttachmentConfigurationServiceWSService could add the data in ATTACHED and ATTACHMENT tables but cannot find the corresponding attachment in MES.

I have searched the PAPIs in DataCollectionConfigurationServiceWSService, AttachmentConfigurationServiceWSService and DataCollectionServiceWSService. I find some related PAPIs but they cannot work well maybe because I don't know how to use them.

Could you give me some name of PAPIs that can work or give me some instructions how to use the PAPI?

Thanks and best regards,

Teson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teson,

You seem to have found correct PAPIs but they might be used in an improper way or might just have a bug. I would suggest that you create a DC group via GUI and a similar DC Group via PAPI, then compare their data in DC_* and ATTACH* tables to find the difference. Once found, try to find the respective tags in PAPI request to check if it is populated properly. Please consult Javadocs for your ME release - it is available at SMP.

If you come to a point when you are sure that your PAPI request is correct but still does not work, then please submit a support ticket against MFG-ME-API component.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Katerinich,

Sorry to ask you that could you tell me the address of SMP? I hear it the first time.

Best Regards,

Teson

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the Javadocs here but it might require authorization:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teson,

What is the business requirement for the quantity of Data Collection Groups? Are you trying to initially create them, or is there a also a requirement to modify these as part of the manufacturing process? Usually the DC Groups are created initially and then only in exceptions require modification.

Is each DC Group completely different or are there similarities in the Parameters and Attachment requirements?

Is data collection being done via the POD or via the CreateParametric PAPI?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve,

We want to initially create and also modify DC in a more convenient way by PAPIs.

The business situation is that:

There are a lot of different productions needed to be made in different lines. The DC is distinguished by kinds of productions and lines.

Because the productions made in line will change during the time and there are a lot of new lines equiped with MES, the number of DC creation is huge.

The DC needs to be changed frequently, too. The reason are the adjustment of new kind of production, the adjustment of new routings, the requirment of new machines and so on.

There are different kinds of DC groups. Some are similar to the old ones, but some are different. Even for the similar ones, if they use the standard UI to find and compare the parameter and modify the value, it's not an easy way.

The DC will be collection both in POD manually and via PAPI mechanically.

Regards,

Teson