Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serc update Issues and Doubts

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

While loading phrases for new serc , we see two folders one having Complete and other New files . Any idea should we use the complete or the new one to load ? Also if there are new phrase set introduced how do I get the list . I know there is a phrase set assignment file which assigns phrases to phrase set but initially if any new phrase set are there , they need to be created first . Do I have to open phrase set file and look for the new one ? It takes lot of effort I guess to find the new or updated phrase set .

Any issues or doubts related to serc update will be posted in this thread so that we can capture all possible issues here .

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Krishna,

the "complete" file contains all phrases. The "new" file contains only phrases that have been added or changed with the current update. So if all previous phrase updates habve been implemented, you can use the "new" file, else use the "complete" one.

New phrase sets can be found by checking the property tree update documentation. If there is a new characteristic of type CHAR 30 or an existing one that has been changed to CHAR 30, you need to create a phrase set for it. Then you can load the phrase set assignments.

Ralph

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Chris/Ralph . The logic presented is very good . For issues and doubt related to serc ,I will be posting in this thread only so that we can capture all here at one place .

Credit goes to Ralph for the above solution .Some of the things are really confusing when you try to do things first time in SAP .  

Regards,

Krishna

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

may be you should create your own document ln describing what you have learned here posting your questions and receiving some answers for them. This could help commmunity not to use the "wrong" approach to do it. (that means: may be generate your "best practise document" for EHS installations and share it9

Especially: for SERC content: thre is currently a "good level of discussion" and may be your results (any issue in using SERC and how to avoid them) would help community.

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

only kind of idea: complete comtains any phrase in any language etc. And "new" contains only the "new" added ones. So it depends on your situation. if you install for the first time "SERC" you will (I assume) install "complete" if you are executing only an update you will install only "New"

For: Also if there are new phrase set introduced how do I get the list => i did not  check but my assumption would be: may be we have one"protperty tree update per year at minimum); may be two on regular basis. So if the new property is of type "A" and contains characteristics which are phrase based you need new phrase set. I really would assume that in the "installation guideline" of SERC you will get details if this "release" need new phrase set or not and if yes which phrase set.

Conclusion: if in the "SERC" informations related to the "update" no informarion of this type is available (e.g. you need new phrase set, new property tree etc.) then SERC would be a "bad" solution. And this i can not imagine as many use SERC.

We have two interests here: interest of you: you would like to install (or execute an update) "SERC" "quick and fast and without issues" and SAP who would like to provide such a solution (as this would satisfy the needs of customers).

So please check the content of  the "package" (and look for some "installation guideline")

C:B.

PS: please check your other threads and close the trhead if topics is now finally answered;

PPS: check always SAP EHS Regulatory Content – SAP Help Portal Page and if needed SAP marketplace

E.g. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ehsrcm10/SAP_EHS_Regulatory_Content_Whats_New_in_1605.pdf if providing nice overview regardimg this release