Did you mean: 

BOMBOS Error

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Good Morning

Kindly find the screenshot

I have created a BOM with different UNIT of Measure one is in L & Other is in KG

Alternate unit of measure is already maintain in Material Master & both the material L converted into KG & KG converted in L and maintain in additional data or Unit of Issue

When i am running CG37 error is showing

My requirement is i have a bom with different UoM & i want to run bombos but it showing error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Idrees ,

You have to maintain same UoM to transfer BOM to BOS

ex: if you maintian kg u have to maintain all BOM in kg and if you Maintian LB all to be Maintain in LB.

Thanks

Satya

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

That's not correct. You have to be within the same dimension, but you can have different UoM within one BOM.

Ralph

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

Kindly find the link below for more clarifications

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/Q-C1L30001

Regards

Idrees

gernotditten
Explorer
0 Kudos

We use BOMs with different UoMs with different dimensions.

There is a user-exit available you can code (SMOD: C1L30001).

But for sure you need have the resp. MARM data sets filled or any other mapping hence the system is able to calculate KGs from Liters.

But without programming it doesn't work.

Best regards,

Gernot

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks For Your Reply can you please explain more about it

gernotditten
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can find it here in SPRO:

Enviroment, Health and Safety -> Product Safety -> Bill of Material Transfer -> Customer Exits for Bill of Material Transfer -> Develop Enhancement for Calculating Composition

The coding itself depends how your master data is set up. We do a calculation via the alternative UoMs for the relevant materials.

Gernot

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You So Much

Best Regards

Idrees

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Idrees

never used BOMSBOS. But feedback of Ralph in combination with feedback of Gernot is quite interesting. Up to this dicussion I assumed that a "BOM" like you are using is "no issue" for BOMBOS transfer, Now I know: without the use of using IMG "Develop Enhancement for Calculating Composition" you will not suceed. "Quite" strange. Your example of using BOM is quite standard nad i assumed that you can get a good result without using an "enhancement". Seems not to be the case.

C.B.

Ralph_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

You cannot have within one BOM two different units. L is volume, KG is weight, that doesn't work. You can only have different UoM that belong to the same dimension.

Ralph

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks For Your Reply

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

we need more information. PLease check the log. Normally it should indicate  e.g. "can not convert UOM e.g. "L"

Do you have the issue only with thsi BOM any any different BOM is working? Do you have similar BOM system and it works?

C.B.

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

All the BOM having same UOM is working find

But once we change the UoM e.g : 1 line item is in L & 2 Line item in in KG then error is coming

former_member3035
Participant
0 Kudos