cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: SAP AG[LIBODBCHDB SO][HDBODBC]

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting below error when trying to load the data from HANA - HANA........ surprisingly,,when i kept an Oracle Staging table in between these table ( HANA (Source)---> Staging Table(Oracle)---> HANA(Target))...and the job completed successfully and loaded...

2nd Approach:  I have kept a DATA_TRANSFER transform between HANA (Source)---> HANA(Target) and the job completed successfully...

I am not able to understand ..why can't i load them directly...

Error:

SQL submitted to ODBC data source <HANA_DEV> resulted in error <[SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB SO][HDBODBC] General error;258 insufficient

privilege: Not authorized>. The SQL submitted is <CREATE PROCEDURE "schema"."DS_PROC_1A5F1_CV_LDR" (OUT VAR_DS_TT_1A5F1

"schema.table", OUT VAR_NUM_ROWS INTEGER )  LANGUAGE SQLSCRIPT READS SQL DATA AS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi

Where exactly we can collect the generated SQL... when it is success...in HANA DB ?  If Yes, how can i ask HANA team to capture the SQL.

For job failure i can see the SQL submitted in error log...but for success how can i collect...

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I appear to be repeating myself here.

The trace option I mentioned is a Data Services capability, look at the options when you execute a job - you'll see some trace options - this was a big hint Turn on the table loader trace option in Data Services and grab the SQL.  You will see the SQL in the Data Services trace log.  You could capture the SQL from HANA, but that is a little more involved.

Why not try it and see what happens?

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

i am able to find and collect the error log and got the below details..

Syntax error at line <1>: <>: near <=> found <=> expecting <'(', &ERROR, __AL_LOOKUPEX_TRAN, __AL_SEARCH_REPLACE_TRAN,                                                      __RFC_FUNCTION, __AL_SCRIPT_FUNCTION, __AL_STORED_PROCEDURE, __AL_EXTRACT_FROM_XML, __AL_TRAN_FUNCTION, +,

AL_UNSPECIFIED_PARAM, CONVERT, a float, identifier, an integer, a null, a quoted identifier, ;, a string, a decimal, VARCHAR,VARIABLE, -, +>.                                                       1 error(s), 0 warning(s).

Sorry Michael i missed your earlier post...

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As suggested in the error message, this is an authorisation issue.  When Data Services generates full pushdown SQL for HANA it creates a procedure in HANA and the user you're using does't have permission to create the procedure.

When you add the intermediate table, Data Services is only generating a SQL INSERT statement.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the detail information...but i am able to load other tables in hana which are also in the same schema and also the same user...same datastore..

this is happening only for these two tables in HANA...

But when i am using DATA_TRANSFER transform ...it is able to complete successfully..why ?

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fact that you can load other tables isn't relevant - the lack of authorisation is related to creating a procedure, not inserting data into tables.  What permissions do you have in HANA?

Turn on the table loader trace option in Data Services and grab the SQL that is generated at runtime for the cases that work and the ones that fail and see the difference.  Your HANA administrator will be able to help.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Eaton!

Where exactly we can collect the generated SQL...in HANA DB ?  If Yes, how can i ask HANA team to capture the SQL.

michael_eaton3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eaton is my surname, which is why is sign my posts with Michael. 

The trace option I mentioned is a Data Services capability, look at the options when you execute a job - you'll see some trace options - this was a big hint Turn on the table loader trace option in Data Services and grab the SQL.  You will see the SQL in the Data Services trace log.  You could capture the SQL from HANA, but that is a little more involved.

Once you have captured the SQL, ask the HANA team for help.

I suspect you're using tables from different schemas and you only have read only permissions in one of the schemas, which is where Data Services is trying to create a procedure.

A little trial and error by you would help you to understand the issue, and perhaps determine a solution.

Michael