Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Coded Values in DS Jobs

Bert_Laws_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Does anyone have a quick and easy way for locate hard coded values in a DS job?  I have hundreds of jobs and am trying to find a good systemic way of locating possible bottlenecks as I approach a new conversion.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're on a recent DS version, 4.2 SP3 or higher, you can simply use the search functionality in DS Designer. From the official documentation:

"

Designer search capabilities

Using SAP Data Services Designer, you can search for a text string in every part of the object, such as table name and variable name. A new status line at the bottom of the Search window shows where the search was conducted (Local or Central), the total number of items found, and the amount of time it took to complete the search.

For more information , see "Searching for objects" in the Designer Guide.

"

Specify the value you're looking for in the Search all field:

Bert_Laws_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk -

Thanks for the reply.  We have tried this and know that it works.  I am looking for more of a "batch" solution though that helps me to avoid searching through hundreds of individual scripts 1 by 1.

b

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate? I do not understand what you would want more.

If you specify Repository for Look In and Jobs for Object Type ,it will search the complete repository and list all scripts that contain your search term.

Bert_Laws_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk -

Got it.  Thanks!

b

vnovozhilov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What if the search term is unknown? For example some mappings has hard-coded values of a different kind and datatype (ie: NULL, 0, 'ABC').

One approach I could think of is to export to ATL and use some editor like Notepad++ which allows using regex while searching and write regex looking for strings containing 'ui_mapping_text' but not the dot. Or something like that.

Thank you,

Viacheslav.

Bert_Laws_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viacheslav,

Your answer is very helpful for my scenario. If you have a sample of the regex, can you please share with me? I am trying to find hardcoded GL account ID in my BODS job. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Vanisha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this, but I think if you export the jobs to XML format you may be able to search them for certain strings.

Bert_Laws_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaun - we'll give that a try.