cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown User Check-out appears in different Environment

0 Kudos

Hi All

Here I am using only one Central Repository for both the Environments: (DEV & QA)

When i connect to the Development Central Repository from Quality Environment, The Development User who has checked out from the Development Central Repository in Development Environment appears to be Unknown-User in the Quality Environment[Central Repository], Even though Check-out user is displayed  in Development Environment[Central Repository]

How can users of the both the Environments can be in uniformity.

Quality Users are unable to find-out who has checked-out from the Central Repository. It is effecting the business.

Can anyone please help me, as It became crucial to me.

Help is really appreciated.

Regards

Jakeer H Mahammad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You've got two different instances, DEV and QA. Users are defined locally. A user of one instance is by definition unknown to the other.

In fact, you should only have one QA local repository, one QA user. That person should also have access to DEV, with a DEV username. Problem solved!

Refer to for recommended best practices in repository setup.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakeer,

As matter of best practices, there has to be limited admin users to do check-in to central repository.

If one admin user checks-in the same objects to central repository as another users accidentally at the same time, it would be challenge to get correct user names displayed.

Even in your case, the user name is correctly displayed because he has just checked out from his local repository and it is just he and not anyone else at the same time but you never know how many local repositories users would have checked-in....

Another thing, the user name has to be properly created and configured in CMC to be given necessary rights before he performs check-in check-out.

Regards,

Alok Ranjan

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As matter of best practices, there has to be limited admin users to do check-in to central repository. If one admin user checks-in the same objects to central repository as another users accidentally at the same time, it would be challenge to get correct user names displayed.

Whose best practices??? That would forfeit the whole purpose of the central repository. Ever y developer must have the option to check-out/check-in objects.

And only the user who checked out an object can check it in again! Two at the same time is technically just not possible.

Check the document I mentioned in my previous answer for real best practices