cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM Webservice SMDataService method getComment issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to consume a SSM webservice "SMDataService" method getComment in SAP ECC.

We configured the access by SAP PI, but while trying to execute a method we're getting the message:

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode>

<faultstring>while trying to invoke the method com.sap.cpm.sm.dao.xcelsius.model.Type$TypeInfo.toString() of a null object returned from com.sap.cpm.sm.dao.xcelsius.model.Type.getTypeInfo()</faultstring>

<detail><yq1:java.lang.NullPointerException xmlns:yq1='http://sap-j2ee-engine/client-runtime-error'>while trying to invoke the method com.sap.cpm.sm.dao.xcelsius.model.Type$TypeInfo.toString() of a null object returned from com.sap.cpm.sm.dao.xcelsius.model.Type.getTypeInfo()</yq1:java.lang.NullPointerException></detail>]

We are using other methods of the same service successfully, but this method does not work.

Someone has used this method?

Can anyone provide some advice? 

Thanks in advance,

WX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BH,

In this project we haven't installed BODS and FIM, for this reason we look up an alternative way for insert new comments in SSM relational database tables.

Thanks,

WX

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Wilson,

Do you consider map the SSM tables (Netweaver database) using a ETL tool (such BODS) to load data in the target?

Regards,

BH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BH.

I have two issues with the same message error, methods: setComment and getComment.

I think for "getComment" I can get the information comments by other way as an interface with PI select directly database table CPMS_COMMENT, but for "setComment" I not discover other way yet.

My requirement is create a comment at kpi level, this comment has source an external web-app,

after a approval in this web-app ext is need transport this comment to SSM.

Any ideia?

Thanks,

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi WX,

Using BODS, you could develop a ETL process that get the comments in the external webapp, and load this into SSM CPMS tables.

I hope it could help you.

Regards,

BH