Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phrase import Issue

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

While trying to load phrase file .dat from application server to sap through cg31 , I got an error message "Cannot create phrase text in source language ".

Source language is E in file . The similar nature of file was able to get loaded in earlier import.Any idea what is missing here ?

Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KG,

Please check your customization, which language is maintained as source language EN or DE, Uploading file should in passive.

Please check the customization once. it should be uploaded directly.

I was uploaded CED phrase library once it didn't give any error.

Thanks

Satya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor

Dear Krishna

for any phrase we have a "source" language (you can call that : the "primary" phrase text).

Doyou generate a new phrase ? or do you import only "phrase texts" to an existing phrase?

I did not use the phrase import forlong time. Did you checked: Example: Transfer File for Phrases - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

The "best" you can always do: do a "phrase export" for one phrase. Check the content of the ".dat" file and compare that to your "import" .dat file and check errors.

Do you get an error in the "precheck" ? or in the import part?

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris , this might help in troubleshoot . After LANGU there is ; everywhere . Is this the root cause of the issue ?

Regards,

Krishna

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

";" is most likely the internal language Key for "US-English".

The source language (English) is missing in your load file. (In your file I can not see the English text of the phrase as there is no entry for language "E")

And I think if you look for the phrase key H00.00000056 you in CG12 you will not find the text in english either.... -> Hence the error message!

I guess you are using the CED update file.

Can you double check if you have installed all updates correctly since the last full import of the CED Catalog?

Hope this helps

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kirshna

as explained by Mark: we have a "source language" and we have "languages".

SRLANGU is the "source" language and "LANGU" something different, But if you check my link you shoujd find as well "LANGDU"e.g.

So I am not sure regarding the "dat" file. Therefore: once again question; do you "create" a phrase or do you "update" the phrase with langauges data?

I can not judge but it is very "uncommon" to install a "british english", "american english" language in the system. BUt ";" could be the "key" of the "US english" (never seen it like that ...)

Important is: in the key file the language is identified by exactly one key. This is "transformed" then to the two character part (e.g. EN or DE)) in the system

If you check the link you will find a list of tables there:

$TCG61

$TCG62

check e.g.

TCG61 EHS: Phrase Library - SAP Table - ABAP

and/or

TCG62 EHS: Language-dependent labels for phrase libraries - SAP Table - ABAP

TCG65 EHS: Phrase language (languages supported by phrase library) - SAP Table - ABAP

Begin table

+BV

$ESTPP

Table field

LANGDU

E

Table field

PHRCODE

mg/mg

Table field

PHRTEXT

mg/mg