cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO query for SAP ME

former_member229176
Participant

Experts,

As per the infrastructure setup at our client side, we login to SAP ME using SSO(Single Sign-On).

But once we are in ME , suppose if I want to buyoff an operation , if I enter my SSOcredentials, it gives me an error "Login Failed". It only takes my SAP ME credentials.

This will create a issue as operation needs to remember two userids and passwords. So is there anyway we can configure SSO even if we are inside SAP ME performing certain activities like buyoff.

Regards,

Soham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant

Soham

Buyoff should still be using Netweaver's User Management Engine, so it still should SSO. We have custom ME activities that require further user authentication, like Buyoff, and SSO is being used.

Stuart

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I did not quite understand your answer !

So I'm using SSO to log into SAP ME. But when I'm in POD and doing Buyoff when it asks me for user authentication and if I enter SSO username/password, it does not allow me.

If I put my SAP ME username and password, it allows me to go ahead.

So how can I link my SSO username/password in SAP ME?

Regards,

Soham

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It should already be linked. I've no idea how it can be bypassing SSO, since Netweaver controls the login access.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it would not work your way. Authentication methods of logon and of buyoff might be the same once triggering NW PAPI to get to the passwords stored in UME, but historically buyoff requires a dedicated way of entering credentials to ensure that it is right that man who should be. I would expect the similar behavior for Labor On, Labor Off and Data Collection if you turn on the required authentication.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Can you elaborate more on following:

"Authentication methods of logon and of buyoff might be the same once triggering NW PAPI to get to the passwords stored in UME"

Regards,

Soham

0 Kudos

it means that passwords are not stored in ME but rather in UME, and thus ME has to query NW to execute authentication. Whether the request is triggered from logon module or labor or buyoff does not have to matter once it reaches the same destination (UME).

former_member229176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Can you guide me how can I use NW PAPI for user authentication when I do buyoff so that I can make use of SSO.

Regards,

Soham

0 Kudos

Hi Soham,

Looks as if you are going to write your custom Log Buyoff with SSO support. If so, you might try to get help from your ME SDK intructors. I do not have details on such implementation.

Regards,

Sergiy