cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visual basic has stopped working

Former Member
0 Kudos

i formated my windows xp and installed win7 ,now my( vb6 cr9 ) project is not executing both in win7 and now in winxp also .....it gives a error message while compiling

" visual basic has stopped working ":

error detail Fault Module: craxddrt9.dll ,crheapalloc.dll

my old project works well both in winxp and win7 but new project dont work in either gives above message while compiling .....

difficult to trace back reference or component changes or might be service pack problem

and also at one point in my new project i have generated and exported  pdf out of crystal report isthis creating any problem , in my old project the pdf was not there.....

i installed vb sp6 , run as administator  and so on....

thanks for help in advance......

desperately needing help........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Could be missing dependencies.

Try repairing VB and CR and see if that helps.

Could also be your antivirus or firewall blocking access, check the logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your reply .i formatted my machine and installed vb6 and cr9  and installed on various o's like xp ,win7, win8  and installed on various machines but still I get the same error visual basic has stopped working, fault module craxddrt9.dll , crhepalloc.dll ,........ my old project work well but recently updated project don't work and ends up in above error,...I don't what dependency I am missing or how to repair it as I have formatted and reinstalled.....

Waiting for your reply and thanks in advance....

0 Kudos

You'll have to use ProcessMonitor and see what it is reporting as missing.

CR 9 is 10+ years old, time to upgrade to VS 2010 or above and CR for VS .NET Assemblies.

Also, MS doesn't even support VS 6 any more so possibly you are missing some VS 6 dependencies... could be anything.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sir , I installed cr 11 r2 and my project is working fine , now I combined win8 cr11, vb 6 and I am very happy and thank you for ur valuable time

Answers (0)