cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing problems with XS Advanced

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a continuation of a discussion from a forum that has been locked.

We had a discussion about my problems building modules in XS Advanced, here: 

You were helping me work through problems with getting modules to build within SAP Web IDE. I'm still having a problem, although I'm closer than I was. I added the required role to my user, and now I receive an error about setting my workspace; however, when I try to set the workspace for the Project I receive an error message.

When I create a project, I get "(Project Space) Failed to set workspace settings." I get this whether I try to use the SAP space or my own space. I also get the same error if I navigate to the Project Settings for the project and try to change the space there. No matter which space I choose, when I click Save, I get the same error. In fact, I even tried creating a new space for the project, and I still get the same error.

You've been super helpful so far, so any insight you can give me about this problem will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Frye

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't have an easy solution for you. I'd suggest entering a support ticket. I believe there were some issues with upgraded systems where this could occur.  You will have to let support have a look and then provide the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't a system that's been upgraded. This is a clean installation of SAP HANA SPS12, and the only upgrade was to upgrade the XS Advanced runtime platform and Web IDE to the latest versions from the versions that were installed with SPS12. How else could I have installed it to have the best chance of success?

Regardless, I'll submit a support ticket. Thanks for getting me this far.

Thanks,

Rob Frye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Was Web IDE upgraded from Sp11 to Sp12?

If so we have identified an issue which sounds like the one you saw.

We are aiming to release a fix in the upcoming revisions of Web IDE for HANA.

We also have a workaround but it involves changes to the file system to fix the issue with existing projects.

You can either wait for the patch / release, submit a support ticket or contact me directly at omer.sharav@sap.com to discuss the workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Omer.

Answers (0)