cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High response and interpretation time - one user, different laptops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

One of our users suffers from high response and interpretation time in SAP GUI on his laptop.

For example: response time in VA01 transaction is always over 1100 ms - or more.

Sometimes even 4000-5000 ms.

When he is logged on to SAP on different laptop, in the same transaction, response time is at 500-600ms level.

The only difference between his laptop and the other machine is that he have WWAN card installed.

Can it be a reason why the response time is higher on his PC?
Even if he does not use it while connecting to SAP.

In addition - the same symptom occurs on freshly installed operating system on his PC - so it is not a software issue.

Thank You in advance for help in this matter.

Best regards.

Dominik Zapart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

What I would do is two fold.

First I would run an ST12 on VA01 on his laptop. First I would run it without tracing it. That will fill necessary buffers that we don't want to see in trace. Then second time I would trace using ST12 Current mode option. After trace has completed go back and see if there is significant OLE FLUSH CALL percentage for net time. You can see this if you select ABAP option in ST12. Make sure you sort by %NET TIME. You can also go into transaction STAD and search for the VA01 that you ran to see what the breakdown of roundtrips is and the GUI time. Guidelines to check High GUI time versus network transfer : on average, 100 ms for 1 KB (1 sec for 10kb as normal) in the worst case, 1 sec for 1 KB Possible reasons for a high GUI time: Time spent for network transfer- Network bottleneck Time spent for building up the screen in the GUI - CPU / memory bottleneck on the desktop computer If network times ok you need to check High network transfer; High number of roundtrips to see if that is issue. Guidelines: 20 roundtrips as upper limit, even for complex screens Average network transfer 5 to 8 Kbytes per second Network transfer should always be less than 120 Kbytes, even for complex screens Possible reason for a high number of roundtrips : Program or program usage error. Second thing I would do is run an NIPING test on the users laptop - On SAP Application server- Start the NIPING server onusing: niping -s - Start the NIPING client onfrontend LAPTOP PC of a user using: niping -c -H-B 20 -L 10000 When result comes back compare it to the information in Notes 500235 1100926.