cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2016: Limit Features to 2011 or earlier?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a new role at a new organization, and currently have Crystal Reports 2008 installed.  I will likely end up with a new machine and with Crystal Reports 2016 in the near future.  We have a 3rd party product which uses Crystal Reports for various reporting functionalities.  That product is currently limited to version 2011 of Crystal Reports.

Is there a way to use Crystal Reports and have the application automatically limit functionality to 2011 or any particular year/version of the software?

If that is not possible, is there a good easy to read / reference list of features added in all the historical versions of Crystal Reports?

Thanks for any information.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I do not think there is a way to limit, but I would suggest to review Version comparison doc:

http://go.sap.com/documents/2015/11/9c014daf-4d7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know if they have an updated list to include 2016, or has that not yet officially been released?

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

There are not many new features in CR 2016.

Actually only two listed in What's New:

1. Support for vertical alignment of text within a cell

2. New range based functions (GetLowerBound(x); GetUpperBound(x)) and a miscellaneous function (GetValueDescriptions(x)) are introduced.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that clarification.  Yeah, sounds like the PDF will most likely suffice anyway.

Answers (0)