cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 Embedded (S/4HANA Finance) Save Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have suddenly lost the ability to save data to our planning cubes.

If we try to use either EPM, Analysis For Office any client we cannot save data and are met with this error:

A40 Error:

EPM Error:

EPM Log:

We attempted to apply notes:

However neither of the above worked, we have an active ticket open with SAP but looking to see if anyone has any advice?

We're on 1511 On Premise (FPSV1) and are on BW 7.5 (SP01), we will be looking to upgrade to SP04 but timing wise where we are in the project it's just not an option yet so we need to figure out why this suddenly broke.

Please advise, thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We did a BW SP upgrade from SP01 to SP04.

We can technically now save data into the system, if we go into RSA1 or RSTR (after disabling caching before executing) we can see data physically posted.

However, when we save this data from the Analysis For Office Add-In (either the Analysis OR the EPM Plugin) it will not show the new result or numbers. The cells will only reflect the originally posted numbers, not new ones.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

I am having our BASIS resource look into https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#notes/2366675 to see if it is of help, however anything else?

Thanks.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have secure Dimensions in that cube?

How was the data changed:manually or using planning function?

It looks like in AO and in EPM errors are coming from different places.

In BW 7.5 SP03 I don't that Method that breaks in AO at all.

You can try putting a break-point in Method that breaks in EPM. It looks like another LUW is open when you are truing to save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gersh,

No I have no secured dimensions in the cube, it's completely open (unsecured model).

The manual data was manually inputted into the cells (planning functions are not working at the moment either, separate error for that).

We are on SP01 as I mentioned and we will look to upgrading to SP04 but we have to do the appropriate analysis to see how an upgrade impacts other areas before we go that route as we are midflight in project. So ideally I'd like to fix this issue as I mentioned the system was working as expected (both EPM and AO) until recently.

Could you elaborate on LUW, these workbooks, slices of data are not open elsewhere int he system by any other user so trying to understand how the logical unit of work for this particular point could be open anywhere else?

Also, how would I go about putting a break-point in the method for the EPM error? Not as familiar with that, thanks again in advance.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not familiar with break-points find some ABAPer who can help you. Because purpose of the break-point is to debug why program throws that error. You can't do this if you don't know how to set a break-point.

If you open that Method you can see a comment about LUW. Hope debugging can tell what is wrong with it.

Programs usually don't stop working for no reasons. What has changed in this system from the time this was working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Thanks for the response. I'll pass your information along to ABAPers to debug as you are correct this is not my area and it's not something I'm very familiar with specifically.

In terms of your system question, we were having issues running planning functions so we applied some OSS notes to fix the issue and while they did resolve some they also causes this save issue.

We since then removed the OSS notes, however this save issue has remained.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd suggest checking in SNOTE log that all those Note are de-implemented completely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gersh,

Did a check with our BASIS person and by myself and all notes have been de-implemented as expected.

Still no resolution on our issue.

Thanks.