Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive multiple files with sFTP (SP 4) adapter

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have the following scenario (modeled in an iFlow)

____Redemption files________

/                             \

/                               \

Source Interface (sFTP)                   Target Interface (ABAP Proxy)

\                               /

\____Acknowledgement files____/

So basically we pick up two different files from an sFTP host which reside in two directories and process them within one iFlow distinguishing using different operations. We use sFTP adapter's "Advanced Source File Selection" feature for specifying the file name / directory.

This all works well however, I now want to archive the processed files on the sFTP server in a subdirectory "processed" of their respective directory, e.g. a redemption file should go to "redemption/processed" whereas a acknowledgement file should go to "acknowledgement/processed". When activate this via "Advanced --> Archive Files on SFTP Server" there's only a single input field which according to here Configuring the SFTP Sender Channel - SAP Process Integration, secure connectivity add-on Configurat... could be also extended with some archive parameters like %FILENAME but I don't think this is usefull to me.

So is there a way, maybe using module parameters or some other archive parameters to achieve this or would I need to artificially separate those two operations to an interface of their own in order to succeed (very much unwanted).

Any help would be great.

Thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This was one of the use case leading to the following enhancement delivered in the Customer connection project so that you can have multiple comm channel that feeds into the same iFlow

Unfortunately, this might not be downported to < 7.5 releases

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunatelly you are right in your assumption, that we are not on 7.5 yet .

If I get the gist of 's blog you still would need an (artificial) second sender system / party but you then could have all the configuration within one iFlow (or ICO if you use the swing client) using the same sender interface.

==> I'm still not decided which way I will go with this within the (slightly) limited possibilities of my PI AEX 7.4 SPS 12.

Will update this as soon as I have made up my mind

Thanks all. Cheers

Jens

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Check the solution provided in this blog.

Regards,

Praveen.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although Eng Swee pointed out a more standard way in doing this in PI 7.5 onwards, Manoj set the path to Praveen's step by step solution. So really thanks Praveen for the time taken to make a blog entry about this.

I feel this is quite a setup for a presumably simple requirement, but you take what is given to you, don't you 🙂

Will have to evaluate the overhead traffic of your solution but it looks very promising

Thanks again. Cheers

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jens,

unfortunately there is no standard way to archive files in more then one folder  but you can just pick the file and delete from the source folder then in your SFTP-Proxy you can add 2 other receiver  which you re-direct to your 2 archive folders .

Enable ASMA in sender channel then in RD you can keep condition using Context Object.FileName and then map accordingly to the required folder.

Br,

Manoj