Did you mean: 

Selecting records that do not contain certain pieces of information

leciaschuster
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a report that should give me what I want but it's not

I'm attaching my selection criteria.

My problem is this one field in my table has 35 different variables.  A student can have one variable or 3 or 4 within the same field.

I want only those student who do not have the following codes; FO/CF/MHF/QE/WF

I think I need to create some kind of formula but I am no good at that, that's why I'm here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lecia,

It comes back to you data.

Looking at the record selection, does that mean a student could have multiple value for the TYR_AUTH_Type_Code?

Student    Autho Type

A              FO

A              CF

B              MHF

B              FO

In addition, what is in @SPRIDEN_Change_IND?

A good way of testing is, if you keep only the last row in your record selection and remove other lines above.  If it returns the right list of students, then you are on the right track, but rather the problem was cause by the combination of with other criteria in the record selection.

leciaschuster
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning Shwu,

Yes my students have multiple records for the tvrauth table.

Spriden_change_ind is a normal part of my reporting.  We use Banner and our students have multiple i.d.'s so in order for me to get the most current record I create a formula such as spriden_change_ind, this is not my issue though.

I'm not sure by what you mean on "keeping the last row"?  I am getting more student than needed.  I tried suppressing the records but that does not work either.

I'm thinking I need to create a formula?

I need to get only those students who DO NOT HAVE A FO/CF/MHF/QE/WF code.

I've attached my current selection again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Not(TRIM({TVRAUTH.TVRAUTH_TYPE_CODE}) in ["CF","FO","MHF","QE","WF"])

leciaschuster
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion but it's still not correct.  I'm getting students I should not.  Here is an example;

She has one of the codes I do not want "WF" so she should not be on my report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you have some customised front end.

I would try running the .rpt report itself and see if the problem is in the .rpt report.

If .rpt file result is correct, but the front end is wrong, then they are not looking at the same report.