cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper procedure to connect SharePoint and get documents in SAP Document Center?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to SharePoint(able to add a destination in "SAP Document Center" service in HCP Cockpit with SharePoint URL) in SAP Document Center and access the documents/folders from SharePoint.

Tried to add "Repository" with the destination created in HCP Cockpit. But still not able to see the documents available in SharePoint.

Please provide the step-by-step procedure for accessing the SharePoint documents in SAP Document Center.

Thanks & Regards,

Durga Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ClaudiaH
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi.

Let me check what you did ...

1. You have a sharepoint web application which is enabled for Basic Authentication? (can be checked in IIS)?

2. You have SAP Hana Cloud Connector installed and added a system mapping for your account to the sharepoint web application in "Access Control" -> "Mapping Virtual To Internal System"? You have also added a "Resource" for this sharepoint web application mapping entry with URL Path: "/sites/<nameOfYourSharepointSite>" and selected "Path and all sub paths" for Access Policy?

3. You have created a Destination in Hana Cloud Platform Cockpit with:

Authentication: BasicAuthentication

ProxyType: OnPremise

URL: http://<yourSharepointServer>:<portOfSharepointWebapplication>/sites/<yourNameOfSharepointSite>__vti_bin/cmis/rest

User/Password: <Sharepoint Site Administrator> / <Password>

4. You have created a "Connection" in SAP Document Center Administration (Repositories -> Connections -> Create) to destination created in HCP cockpit (please make sure to create the connection with a user having also sharepoint site administration rights) with this "Options":

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.atompub.url=http://<yourSharepointServer>:<portOfSharepointWebapplication>/sites/<yourNameOfSharepointSite>/_vti_bin/cmis/rest?getRepositories

org.apache.chemistry.opencmis.binding.spi.type=atompub

com.sap.mcm.restrictedQuery=true

com.sap.mcm.restrictedQueryMaxItems=100

5. In SAP Document Center Administration you created a "Repository" (Repositories -> Corporate Content -> Create) using created Connection?

Regards, Claudia

SMaes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe this post might point you in the desired direction:

Regards,

Sander Maes

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you already checked this document: ?

Regards, Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani Kumar,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the link provided. But I didn't understand why do we need Kerberos when the SharePoint is public and no authentication(except the BasicAuthentication) required.

Can you provide any other options to access the SharePoint?

Thanks & Regards,

Durga Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani Kumar,

Could you please provide any information on "Connecting SharePoint to Document Center" without Kerberos?

And please explain why do we need Kerberos Authentication when the SharePoint is public and we are able to connect with BasicAuthentication.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Durga Prasad.

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi. I think that should be possible. I am checking internally, if an expert can reply to your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani Kumar,

Could you please let me know any update on accessing public SharePoint documents in SAP Document Center without Kerberos?

Thanks & Regards,

Durga Prasad.