Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS in S4HANA

kalyan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need clarity/approach with DMS please. We are planning to implement DMS in S4HANA(On-Premise) to store documents. However as per the simplification list, Easy DMS is no longer available with S/4HANA 1511 on premise. We should instead integrate PLM DMS with SAP Mobile documents(See snapshot from S/4HANA Simplification list).

Mobile documents on-premise needs a SAP Netweaver Java(licensed) system and the mobile document add-on deployed and integrated to PLM DMS of S/4HANA.  I dont know if there is separate license for Mobile-documents. Can someone please clarify.

End users will need to have Mobile Desktop application installed. As we are not planning DMS access via Mobiles, we dont have to worry about any Mobile app or web ui application.

Is this the only recommended approach to implement DMS on-premise on S/4HANA on-premise. Can you share your thoughts and experiences

Finally can you point me to Sizing guide for Mobile documents please

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is separate license for SAP Mobile Documents.

SAP Mobile Document Desktop App don't have all the feature which easyDMS has. It will be good if you try out the App and share your feedback. Esp. for any feature you miss in the current SAP Mobile Documents Desktop App.

Please note: SAP Mobile Documents is for onPremise only and SAP Document Center is for onCloud only.

kalyan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashwani for your response.

Can you clarify items below please

1) Is Mobile documents the only way to integrade with DMS on S4HANA On-Premise 1511 or are there other variants of easyDMS for S4HANA.

2) By App, you mean the mobile app which has all the features which desktop app is missing

3) Do you have a sizing manual or information to this extent

Thanks again for taking time out to respond

Regards

Kalyan

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK, SAP Mobile Documents is the recommended desktop app.

By App, i meant SAP Mobile Document Desktop App. I asked if you find SAP Mobile Document Desktop App good enough to be used as replacement of easyDMS client?

There is no sizing document specific to PLM\DMS yet. But we have already seen it work nicely with large set of documents in DMS.

Regards, Ashwani Kr Sharma