cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify a report in Crystal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to modify a report in Crystal by adding the Sales ID to my Salessum1 report from E2.  Currently the Sales ID is not in this database however it is in the Salessum database.  How can I get the Sales ID on the report I would like to edit?

Thanks,

Diane Early

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Diane:

Been too busy with SAPTechEd and did not had chance to answer here.

If this is still open and have questions, please let me know, will take a look, else as Abhilash mentioned, you can take a look at the joins between the tables and also, generate SQL by doing Database --> Show SQL Query and try to figure out the root cause of duplicates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - this case is still open but unfortunately we are having system trouble today so I cannot work on this.  If we could please keep it open I will get back to it next week.

Thanks,

Diane Early

former_member207611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you are in Crystal Designer, Go to Database --> database expert.

you need to then figure out the connection to Database where this table reside and add.

If needed, do a reading on creating ODBC or Native connection to database or use the pre-existing connection which you have if the new table you want to add is in same schema/DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have added the two databases I need to edit my report.  My main database is the SalesSummRpt1 because I want sales by customer in summary.  I added the SalesSumm database so I could include the Sales ID which is not included in my main database.  I have both databases linked only by CustCode.  When I run the report to include the SalesID my customers appear multiple times on the report.  I have attached both the crystal report information including an example of how my report is running now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

Did you see my comments and pictures of what my report looks like?  Do you have any suggestions on how to correct the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

Did you see my response with the pictures of what my report now looks like and do you have any suggestions on how to correct the issue?

Diane Early

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

You're probably missing an important join, however, here are some easy workarounds for now:

1. Insert a Group on the Customer Code field

2. Move all fields from the details section to the Group Header

3. Suppress the Details section

OR

Go to the Database Menu > Select 'Select distinct records'

-Abhilash

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Report is a canned report, You need to have Crystal Reports software tool installed in your local machine to edit report..

Otherwise, if you have Visual Studio you can edit thru that.

Thanks,

Jothi