cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Consolidation Client Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i installed FC 10.01 SP3 APP Server and Web Server on Windows Server. I was able to start the Data Source in the CT Admin Console (for App Server and Web Server with internal authentication) --> Start of Data Sources ok. I am able to connect and open FC Web from Client Browers and on the Server -> Login FC Web ok.

For the full client: I can see the data sources, when i start FC Client on the app-server --> when i click "Local" on the "Log-Window" of FC Client. But when i try to run the FC Client application on the

server, i have the following message "Could not start application"

This is on the server.

I installed FC Client on a LapTop too in the same Domain, here i can even not see the datasources, when i click on "Remote" (with info of the APP. Server)

but i can ping the FC APP Server from this Laptop.

I have this message:

"Failed to initialize data source manager.

Access to the data source manager on machine xxxxx  is denied. Please check your DCOM configuration."

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Önder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Önder

This is a classic DCOM error - it seems you have not configured the DCOM settings as per Installation Guide.

Please verify the DCOM setting, particularly for the CtBroker component

There are some other reasons for this, if you are using external authentication

See these KBAs

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1709455

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/107974

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1658125

Marc

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Önder,

Can you please check the DCOM configuration on the server and on the client workstation.

For more information, you can consult the Security guide of Financial consolidation 10.1 .

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100005793222015E/fc_101_security_en.pdf

Kind Regards,

Donia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donia,

hope you are fine. I did the DCOM settings Now i can start FC Client on apllication server.On a client Laptop, where i installed FC client i can see now the data sources (all three souces), which i have created in ctadmin. But when i start FC Client on the Laptop i have still this message:

Thank you very much for your Feedback.

best regards

Önder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please have a look on this KBA : 1658125 - Error: "Could not start the Application" - FC

Regards,

Soumaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Önder,

Thanks I am Fine.

Could you please just check the following SAP article :

1709455 - Could not start the application when accessing from rich client - FC 10.0

Kind Regards,

Donia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donia,

thank you for your input.

Its ok now. I can now start FC Client on APP Server and i can connect from my Client. It was because of the DCOM settings. Thank you again. But i have now a Problem with the web Server. When i start the Data Source i have this message regarding web server (App Server is starting):

Failed to start Financial Consolidation Web application on data source xxx

Server instances started on machine xxx

Application server with id <xxx> initialized for data source xxx

Cannot connect to one or more web servers when starting the application server located on machine xxx for the "xxx" data source.

in the Browser i have this error:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.Most likely causes:

IIS received the request; however, an internal error occurred during the processing of the request.

The root cause of this error depends on which module handles the request and what was happening

in the worker process when this error occurred.

IIS was not able to access the web.config file for the Web site or application. This can occur

if the NTFS permissions are set incorrectly.

IIS was not able to process configuration for the Web site or application.

The authenticated user does not have permission to use this DLL.

The request is mapped to a managed handler but the .NET Extensibility Feature is not installed.

Things you can try:

Ensure that the NTFS permissions for the web.config file are correct and allow access to the Web

server's machine account.

Check the event logs to see if any additional information was logged.

Verify the permissions for the DLL.

Install the .NET Extensibility feature if the request is mapped to a managed handler.

Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code. For more information about

creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:

Module IsapiModule

Notification ExecuteRequestHandler

Handler PageHandlerFactory-ISAPI-4.0_64bit

Error Code 0x8007007b

Requested URL xxx

Physical Path xxx

Logon Method Anonymous

Logon User Anonymous

Do you have an idea?

Thank you and best regards

Önder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Make sure one web server is connected to only one data source.

Redeploy the Web site of Financial  Consolidation using the Web folder provided in the installation Folder in Financial Consolidation.

For more information , please consult :

1379612 - Error: "Failed to start Financial Consolidation Web application on data source <DataSource...

1786480 - FC: Error: "Failed to start Financial Consolidation Web application on data source <DataSo...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please consult the following KBA:

1875742 - FC: An error message is displayed when attempting to start a Finance data source

Kind Regards,
Bouthaina

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Onder,

Could you please check the rights assigned to the user specified in the definition of the application pool?

To have more information, could you please check the part “5.3.2 Deploying the SAP Financial Consolidation Web site under Windows ServerProcedure1.” from the Installation  guide of Financial Consolidation.

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100005791582015E/fc_101_install_en.pdf

Kind Regards,

Donia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donia,

i checked it. Everything seems to be like in de intallation guide. But i have still this error in the Browser:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you confirm if the option enable 32 bit application for the Fc application pool  is set to true or false

Regards,

Soumaya

0 Kudos

Hello Önder,

The restart of IIS should resolve this kind of error.

Can you try please?

Regards,

Inès

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Onder,

Could you please  try to stop the data source, restart the IIS, start the data source and test again?

Kind Regards,

Donia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donia,

i stopped Data Sorces, restarted IIS, Start Data Sorce again --> still the same error :

"Failed to start Financial Consolidation Web application on data source "xxx".

Server instances started on machine "xxx".

Application server with id <xxx> initialized for data source xxx.

Cannot connect to one or more web servers when starting the application server located on machine xxx for the "xxx" data source.

I deleted the "WEB" folders and deployed it again, did the config again, still the same error. App Server is ok, Web Server is not ok:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

here is the screenshot of the application pool: 32 bit is set to "false"

best regards

Önder

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Önder

What actually happens when you browse the website directly in IIS (so without adding it in CtAdmin)?

This should bring up the login page - it would be interesting to see if this works

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i confirm, that the option enable 32 bit application for the Fc application pool  is set to false

best regards

Önder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i restarted ISS Services, Applcation pools and the server too, but i have still the same error in the browser, when i want to open FC Web.

best regards

Önder

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Onder

I am not sure if you did the test I suggested.

- open IIS and go to the BFC website

- Click on Browse

This should bring up this page

If it doesn't, it means you have not deployed the website correctly

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

thank you for your feedback, i tested it, but i have still the same error message, when i click

on browse in IIS.

Strange is i installed two FC APP+WEB SERVER BOTH with the same configuration, i checked and compared all the settings. One Server (App and Web) is ok, the other Server (App and Web) is the one with this web error. On the server with the error, first day everything was ok, it was possible to start the data sources (including web server configuration) without any error. It was possible to login via BOFC Web. The second day we had a problem on this server (It was not possibe to open any Administrativ Tool, like Services or even Control Panals), The IT department created a ticket --> after starting Administrativ Tools was ok, but BOFC Web was not working anymore....

BOFC Application server is working fine. What do you think, better to install the whole server new, or this error message can be solved? Which logs are important for this task?

Thank you very much and best regards

Önder

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Onder

This is a pure IIS issue - looks to me there is a problem with the ISAPI handler

Make sure the ISAPI restriction is set to "allowed"

You can google this error, see for example:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6202145/handler-pagehandlerfactory-isapi-4-0-32bit-has-a-bad-modu...

Marc

donia_bettaieb
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please check if  the ISAPI module is missing from the modules list for the Web site. 

To have more information, could you please consult the following link :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/942031

Kind Regards,

Donia

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you make sure that the user have the necessary rights according to the SAP note : 1847093 - Access to the data source manager on machine is denied -FC ?

I hope this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Inès