Did you mean: 

Archiving Job Failure - Reason: 489:Unknown

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I worked on archiving set up using the steps mentioned in the blog -

• The job was running fine but suddenly today it  is showing error as below -

Executing ArchiveJob Archive QX2 failed. Reason: com.sap.archtech.archconn.exceptions.ArchServiceException: PUT command failed. Reason: 489:Unknown

• I tried checking all the steps but I cannot see any changes made. Also, when I am trying to delete the existing job I am getting error as -

Selected job cannot be deleted because a broken archiving URI exists

JOB_ERROR_DEL_BRKURI

• Also, I cannot see any archived messages in Monitoring Archive Tab, previously when i scheduled i was able to see there the messages. Not sure what went wrong.

Please suggest what needs to be checked.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at the message, seems PI is not able to place the archive the message on the file system mentioned during the archive set up. Could you please check file path for archiving is accessible and working fine with the help of Basis. You can also ask Basis to login from the server and try and put a file manually to that path.

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I checked with basis team and they are able to access the path and able to place file there manually.

Can you please guide if you get  any idea further?

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava

ravicarpenter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check putting the file using the XMLDAS communication user and not with other user. Also please check the application and system logs for detailed error in NWA

nidhi_srivastava22
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please advice on the above issue.

Thanks,

Nidhi Srivastava