cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Reconciliation account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Can we change Reconciliation accounts in Customer/Vendor master records? If we can, so what about the old reconciliation account data or balance? How do we capture data from old reconciliation account to new reconciliation account?

Explain in details......

I appreciate your help.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

You can change the reconciliation Account in the Vendor or customer Master provided the field Status in your configuration allows changing the Reconciliation Account. Also, it is ideal that you change the reconciliation Account when the balance on the Reconciliation Account is Zero.

If the Balance is not zero, then also you can change the reconciliation Account. In such a case you need to maintain a Clearing Account in Configuration and then execute the Transaction F101 with the check box "Change Rec Account" under the Parameters TAB in the transaction F110.

This transaction will move the balance to the new reconciliation account,

Regards

Mahendra

Assign points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mahendra,

I am thankful to your detailed answer,

Would you tell me how can we make reconciliation balance Zero?

My idea is, we need to clear all the open items in vendor/customer accounts, so automotically reconciliation balance will become zero. Is it right? if I am wrong please correct me.

If we change to the new reconciliation account, how it will effect in the balance sheet?

please clarify....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

To clear the reconciliation Account one option is that you create a new open item managed GL Account and use Transaction FB05 to clear each open item in the customer Account one at a Time and post on the new open item clearing Account. Then change the reconciliation Account in the master data and then again use FB05 to post the transactions back on the customer Account one at a time,

As far as impact on Balance sheet is concerned, there should not be an impact except that the balance will be reflected in a different GL Account.

Hope this Helps

Regards

Mahendra

Assign points if this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mahendra,

I am able to change the Reconciliation account field in the Customer, but not in the Vendor. The field is grayed out immediately after creating the vendor. Can you point me to the configuration of where the "field Status" is for the Reconciliation Account in the vendor? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I did the F101 with the check box "Change Recon Account" ticked, there were postings to the adjustments account and subsequently reversed. However, the open items were not transferred from old recon to the new recon account.

Have maintained the new & old recon accounts in t-code: OBBW with the same GL adjustment account no for both recon accounts.

Also maintained the OBBU - define sort method.

Here maintain the new recon account as the target account.

Would appreciate if you or anyone can answer the above.

thanx & regards

calvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The below link contradicts a bit with the postings in this thread.

http://www.sap-img.com/zf015.htm

Can anybody clarify!!

Thanks, Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

you can change the Recon account .But the REcon account balance must be Zero(0).then only it is possible.Otherwise system won't accept the changes.

nagesh

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

read message no. F2 067, when you change the account

A.